[Albion] Stoke City tickets - F.A. Cup

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So it turns out there were indeed a lot of people waiting because of the 400 or so released in block 40 300 sold in quick time prompting the club to now release the half of block 39 another 400.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I logged in late and assumed 40 had already sold out,

Piss.

can you swap tickets do you know?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Yeah, good point. I do wonder why they don't release the best blocks first though, and then follow up with the others as required.

To be fair I have benefited from the reverse in the past though, as an Albion+ member I've bagged better seats than season ticket holders when they've released better blocks later on.

Hopefully we'll sell all the allocation
There is actually a good reason for that in as much as most clubs put away fans in an area that starts in a corner and then occupies part of a stand. The amount of stand occupation depends of course on sales so the dividing line between home and away is usually able to be moved but the corner itself is always where the away fans start.
Hence unless the away club are certain that they will sell all their allocation they have to start selling the corner first so that if they do not use all available space in their allocation they can return part of it to the home club and the dividing line can be moved accordingly.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There is actually a good reason for that in as much as most clubs put away fans in an area that starts in a corner and then occupies part of a stand. The amount of stand occupation depends of course on sales so the dividing line between home and away is usually able to be moved but the corner itself is always where the away fans start.
Hence unless the away club are certain that they will sell all their allocation they have to start selling the corner first so that if they do not use all available space in their allocation they can return part of it to the home club and the dividing line can be moved accordingly.
you are correct but i can't see why the club can't get a system together where people commit to buy tickets so they know the demand.

the obvious answer to that is why faff around its only customer service that's affected. We will still sell seats.....

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Longton Rugby Club. Short walk, and large clubhouse open for (very cheap) food and drink. Parking usually £5.
Just read this on the Longton Rugby Club website:
"In addition to secure parking with CCTV supervision, Longton Rugby offers a superb clubhouse with luxurious bars selling Carling, Guinness, Real Ales and other excellent drinks along with a range of fresh snacks"

I can't help but suspect they're gilding the lily there a bit. :lolol:
Is this basically a similar vibe to Burnley Cricket Club?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"In addition to secure parking with CCTV supervision, Longton Rugby offers a superb clubhouse with luxurious bars selling Carling, Guinness, Real Ales and other excellent drinks along with a range of fresh snacks"

Quite similar :laugh: Need to bear in mind it’s a Northern interpretation of luxurious (think they have running water, carpets and a TV).

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Carling on the highlight reel

I haven’t seen regional showboating like this since I was in a chippy in Cheddar where someone was advertising “Wanted gold jewellery, real London prices paid assured”

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
After the last Stoke cup game, awful game, train and hotel costs, I’ll be skipping this one. Which means seven goal thriller!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Assuming a lot of people are doing this away for the 15 points in offer to help boost their points totals. Need as many points as possible for the Europa aways!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Assuming a lot of people are doing this away for the 15 points in offer to help boost their points totals. Need as many points as possible for the Europa aways!
As a member with no expectation of being able to get a ticket for the next round of the Europa, this is the next best thing to going to [checks notes]... Prague, Hamburg or Lisbon etc.

Yay.
Y. a. y.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports