Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
TK wasn't much better by the end of last season, let's not rewrite history. He was also a surly ****, at least Stockdale seems like a team player. I am still not totally convinced by Stockdale but I prefer him to the 2014 TK.

The same TK that helped us achieve one of the best defensive records in the league? Yeah, I see your point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lovely guy, but some on this board now believe the routine saves he makes are exceptional.
While others are refusing to believe the exceptional saves are anything other than routine.

It's almost as if NSC is completely predictable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The same TK that helped us achieve one of the best defensive records in the league? Yeah, I see your point.
Would that be the TK playing behind, Upson, Greer/Dunk, Bruno and Ward.
Playing for a manager who refused to attack, building the side up from a resolute defence.

You've got to wonder how TK would have faired if the closest he got to his full backs was when they were walking out of the tunnel.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It would take Walton a maximum run of three games where rotten luck/lack of experience cost us goals and maybe points before the hard-of-thinking on here got on his case a la JFC. Young players need bringing along gradually, they certainly don't need their confidence destroyed earlydoors by half-wits. With Stockdale, people tend to see only what they want to see.

Walton might not be the answer I agree ,but Stockdale is really very poor , it am sure CH has seen the mistakes and will do something about it

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Would that be the TK playing behind, Upson, Greer/Dunk, Bruno and Ward.
Playing for a manager who refused to attack, building the side up from a resolute defence.

You've got to wonder how TK would have faired if the closest he got to his full backs was when they were walking out of the tunnel.

Yes, that's right. The TK who played behind 3/5 of the same defenders Stockdale is playing behind. Stockdale made a howler in the play off game vs Forrest. But the amount of points he won us over that season makes that more than forgiveable. I don't think Stockdale has won us any points.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think Stockdale has won us any points.

I can recall a few months ago one save he made late on against someone in the south goal which preserved a point for us, can't remember who it was against mind. He rushed out and made a low block when the guy was in on goal, and a goal looked very much odds-on.

But the fact that I have to think long and hard about him making any MATCHWINNING saves, beyond the routine, is why I have so little faith in him. He doesn't make all that many out-and-out howlers like he did for the first goal on Saturday. But equally, I can hardly recall an occasion when I've thought "wow, he really bailed us out there".

He's not Graham-Smith dreadful. He's just not very good.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Agree with Adam he is spot on , ok a couple of good saves at Fulham , apart from that I can hardly remember a decent save he has made all season . I also think Adam talks a lot of sense unlike you

Do you go to many matches ???

Some posters are covering their eyes with Walton coloured glasses when all he did in those "man of the match performances" was make a couple of general goalkeeping saves.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes, that's right. The TK who played behind 3/5 of the same defenders Stockdale is playing behind. Stockdale made a howler in the play off game vs Forrest. But the amount of points he won us over that season makes that more than forgiveable. I don't think Stockdale has won us any points.

How many points did TK cost us through an unsettled dressing room :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
In most, if not all, games I've watched this year, the opposition keeper has pulled off a great save that, if we'd have scored, his fans wouldn't have blamed him for conceding. On Saturday for example, Tex had that chance on the edge of the six yard box that the Forrest keeper somehow kept out. That is the standard for a keeper in this division, not just one that makes the regular saves.

Also, how many times have we conceded from a shot from outside of the box this year?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
In most, if not all, games I've watched this year, the opposition keeper has pulled off a great save that, if we'd have scored, his fans wouldn't have blamed him for conceding. On Saturday for example, Tex had that chance on the edge of the six yard box that the Forrest keeper somehow kept out. That is the standard for a keeper in this division, not just one that makes the regular saves.

Also, how many times have we conceded from a shot from outside of the box this year?
The Forest goalkeeper was badly at fault for our first goal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Short term memory loss? Fulham 3 points, Rotherham 1 point, got us through the 3rd round of the FA cup at Brentford.

Just a little further back, TK shipped 6 goals in the playoffs last season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
slightly OT but how many have we scored from outside the box as we try to walk the ball into the net?
It must be more, but I can only remember 3 from outside or on the edge of the box: Holla at Brentford; Ince at Swindon and Baldock against Ipswich.

Not that Gary Gardner didn't try.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I`m afraid he is.
Some of his bloomers this season would have embarassed a County League keeper.

Lovely guy, but some on this board now believe the routine saves he makes are exceptional.

As for the the hopeless defence, as an ex defender, many,many years ago, at a much lower standard, I can tell you there is nothing worse than playing in front of a keeper you dont have confidence in.

I don't agree, having also played at a fairly reasonable level and trained a number of county league keepers in the last 20 years, the saves vs Wolves, Fulham and Rotherham were certainly to a high level and potential 'game changers'.

Whilst I recognise and agree regarding the need for confidence, it is a two-way thing, and if the defenders are not doing their job properly it can lead to a keeper making rash decisions (see Saturday).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He kept us in the 3-3 at Norwich with his saves at 2-1 down. Sadly, their third goal went straight through him.

As others have said, he isn't Graeme Smith. But he's pretty average. I would call him the new Wayne Henderson. Able to kick a ball but not keep it out of his onion bag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here