Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Wow we've been mugged off for this fella. £1 million quid and he turns up over weight! Then even when he does lose some timber he continues to lose us points.

Horror signing and an awful keeper

Not helpful in a debate. But you're a bellend mate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As Adam Virgo said on the radio yesterday...." Stockdale hasn't won any games for us this season but he has certainly lost us a few "

Fulham away. Stockdale made superb saves to keep a clean sheet to keep three points. That's just off the top of my head.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fulham away. Stockdale made superb saves to keep a clean sheet to keep three points. That's just off the top of my head.

Rotherham, he played well and saved us from a defeat, so gained us a point.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
Yes, it is a well known tactic in football to stick a 19 year old goalkeeper in when you're in a relegation battle. Brilliant tactics.
when the 19 year old is better than the one in there then yes thats called common sense!!!!! nothing to do with tactics!!! stockdale should be the finished article by now, not one thats needs to keep improving!! but saying that i dont believe its just him, outside of dunk i think there is a case to change ALL THE DEFENCE

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
To my mind, Stockdale is an adequate keeper. He performs the basics reasonably competently but nothing more. Many times this season opposition keepers have been described as outstanding. With the possible exception of Fulham away and Rotherham, this can hardly be said to apply to Stockdale. At no time do I feel that he is likely to pull off a really outstanding that could save a game or even win one for us. Given the confidence that Walton showed earlier in the season, it's surely time for a change. He can't do any worse!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Except there is nothing he could have done about either. It's just the agenda that certain people on here have that irritates me.

You say that as if it was fact it is only your opinion. Mine differs as I believe the Blackpool goal although a well taken kick was so obvious he should have been prepared for it. The 2nd yesterday he should have tried to save rather than just stand and watch like a zombie but as I say that is my opinion not fact as you state it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Forest keeper missed the cross for our first goal but they still won due to his team mates support. Stockdale is NOT the reason for our recent defeats.

He isnt the sole culprit but the timing of his mistake killed us off and picked them up. Had we gone in 1 up at HT I am reasonably sure we would have gone on to get 3 points.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He is not as good as some keepers we've had but he is no fool and i suspect will be fine in s performing team

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He isnt the sole culprit but the timing of his mistake killed us off and picked them up. Had we gone in 1 up at HT I am reasonably sure we would have gone on to get 3 points.

What about the needless free kick given away in the dangerous position and the header their player won against our players supposedly defending ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tried to back him but he should be saving a lot of goals we concede . He doesn't flap which is good but he just isn't that good unfortunately . Think Walton deserves a chance again .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about the needless free kick given away in the dangerous position and the header their player won against our players supposedly defending ?

All stupid mistakes but occasionally you expect or hope your keeper will make a crucial save and not be stranded on the 6yd line . Had he saved that, as I said I am certain we would have got the 3 points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Adam Virgo said on the radio yesterday...." Stockdale hasn't won any games for us this season but he has certainly lost us a few "
The legend that is Adam Virgo certainly likes to stick the boot in, and point out how he would do 'it' better, before quickly saying 'oh I don't mean I could do it better'

Naturally he's still very much in the plus column as a pundit, but there's more than a touch of NSC about him, and perhaps he should be a little better than that.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Stockdale's positioning is suspect imho.
The defence has lost Upson and Ward so it's much weaker than last season's unit.
Obviously Stockdale is not the only reason for us giving away soft goals - but nobody will convince me that he was a good signing if we paid a big fee for him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How many times this season have we seen the opposition goalie play a blinder ? Conversely how many fans of the clubs we've played will have said Stockdale was exceptional ?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I've seen enough mistakes from him this season to know he has been below par. His positional sense sometimes is just clueless. And what is it with the constant forays to the half way line when we have a corner, one day someone is going to do a Beckham on him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Trouble is if he stays on his line the ball drops into his arms. Needless free-kick or not there can be no masking the fact that it was a bad, bad mistake.

It is unfortunate because it looked like he had put his early season difficulties behind him.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I've seen enough mistakes from him this season to know he has been below par. His positional sense sometimes is just clueless. And what is it with the constant forays to the half way line when we have a corner, one day someone is going to do a Beckham on him.

He is a poor keeper ,just seen the goals hes let in ,pathetic :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here