Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STH Guest tickets - help out deserving NSC friends

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Nsc isn’t a good indicator imo. I would rather take my son or grandson, both of whom are listed in my Family on the ticket site, and have both been to matches at Withdean. My grandson is home from uni today, and coming to the Brentford game tomorrow.
As for Nsc, there are quite a few contributors, I wouldn’t get a ticket for! 😂
I didnt say its the ONLY indicator, it's just a good one as in we can look back and see some evidence of the person we are buying for and make a decision on whether we trust they will treat the gesture with respect etc.

Yours is more difficult to evidence as the STH would only have your WORD for it, if you know what I mean

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There’s not a purchase history window so that’s exactly the sort of fan who would benefit from this.
Am I alone in thinking that having STH guests before purchase history is unfair?

Lots of us ex STH's are being jumped in the queue by STH guests, which doesn't feel right to me.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Am I alone in thinking that having STH guests before purchase history is unfair?

Lots of us ex STH's are being jumped in the queue by STH guests, which doesn't feel right to me.
Maybe a bit. I don't really understand why anyone who was ever going to want tickets wouldn't be an Albion+ member though. It's quite clear that it gives you priority for tickets.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Maybe a bit. I don't really understand why anyone who was ever going to want tickets wouldn't be an Albion+ member though. It's quite clear that it gives you priority for tickets.
There is that, but the £30 for membership (or whatever it is) seems a bit of a liberty to me and all too 'modern football'.

Any rate, I'm not overly complaining. It is what it is 😂

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I could do with this if (big if ) we reach the final . Rather stupidly im toying with the idea of flying in from NZ . Must be mad . im a myalbion + member and came back at xmas for the Arsenal and Liverpool games. Dont think i woud get a ticket for the final under normal circumstances
Wow. What a trek!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

I agree; with some sort of caveat like more than 4 games over the last 2 seasons (so couldn't just be a Man U fan that has bought tickets for their Amex visit each season).

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Any chance you could get my friends Katsu and Sushi a ticket? They have been Albion fans for ages, several months at least, and would be prepared to fly in from Tokyo for the game. 😆

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that most people were reluctant as could see that tickets were often available without having to purchase Albion+ so couldn't see the advantage. Also lots of people were annoyed that they were now having to pay a one-off £30 to be able to legitimately do something that the club had previously been turning a blind eye to them doing illegally.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Any chance you could get my friends Katsu and Sushi a ticket? They have been Albion fans for ages, several months at least, and would be prepared to fly in from Tokyo for the game. 😆
II genuinely reckon that there'll be a few well-off Japanese fans flying over and probably paying top dollar for the Club Wembley seats. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr Udagawa in there entertaining his latest clients.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think that most people were reluctant as could see that tickets were often available without having to purchase Albion+ so couldn't see the advantage. Also lots of people were annoyed that they were now having to pay a one-off £30 to be able to legitimately do something that the club had previously been turning a blind eye to them doing illegally.
Seem to recall a lot of posts like that on the old ‘season ticket renewal’ thread from (mostly negative) people who weren’t renewing and saying that tickets are readily available for all games anyway so why do I need to be ‘ripped off by the club for a membership’ etc…….

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Very torn on this, as it potentially squeezes out some fans with a decent purchase history. I get the sentiment though.
I've got a decent purchase history (STH for several years but covid and redundancy meant having to give it up) but am already squeezed out because I've not taken out a plus membership.
Fortunately I'm probably getting a ticket as a STH guest but if not I will be here, cap in hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here