Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards - Thugs

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Spectators should not be on the pitch at all. Nobody will know whether a pitch invador is just doing it for laugh or has a more sinister intent, therfore the stewards are within their rights to assume the worse and ensure that the invador is apprehended using reasonable force if required. At leaast one professional sportsman has been attacked and seriously injured by invading spectators.

"Terry Alderman, the Aussie swing bowler who in 1982 didn't see his injury coming.

Alderman was in the field when a pitch-invader attacked him from behind and badly damaged his shoulder, giving the West Australian an unwanted 15 months out of action."
BBC SPORT | Cricket | Perils of the cricket pitch

_39256421_alderman203.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was all on camera so if any complaint is made then i am sure the police who NEVER complained at the time!! will investigate thoroughly

Oh, don't worry mate, it's ALL on camera - with also plenty of eye-witnesses to the heavy-handedness of one psychotic cuuunt who should not be allowed anywhere near the spectators of a sporting event.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Oh, don't worry mate, it's ALL on camera - with also plenty of eye-witnesses to the heavy-handedness of one psychotic cuuunt who should not be allowed anywhere near the spectators of a sporting event.

Your personal view i suppose because i didn't see it as i was still facing the crowd

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
OK, fair enough, in your last dozen posts you've consistently distanced yourself from the actions of your colleague. We take the hint.

No hint i didnt see it so i am not gonna comment on it but thank you for the comment about having it under control when the other steward come over

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I quite enjoyed it down in that corner - some bloke having to be RESTRAINED from attacking Steward 433 over the treatment of the bloke who was 'pushed' into the hoardings....

:catfight::catfight:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
thank you for the comment about having it under control when the other steward come over

No problem. It was the same with both incidents. Both were nicely under control and all credit to the stewards on the spot for that. Last thing you needed was that cuuuunt in the shades to come steaming in and inflame matters. Get rid. Before he hurts someone.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Actually i know that is a complete lie. He darted between the hoardings and was gonna run over to the other person who ran on the pitch belted past a couple of people in the crowd and knocked them out the way!! and i was the person who first stopped him.

Both are troublemakers who had already been warned today and have been banned in the past.

:censored:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
The second bloke WAS pushed into the hoadings by all accounts - the players were laughing about it until he was taken away by the police - I believe he was subsequently released at the other end of the ground following the intervention of several peopel privvy to the facts.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
The second bloke WAS pushed into the hoadings by all accounts - the players were laughing about it until he was taken away by the police - I believe he was subsequently released at the other end of the ground following the intervention of several peopel privvy to the facts.

NO HE WASN'T and i have proof sitting in the same room as me thanks

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
As usual NSC see's it differntly for the bloody sake of it. I know what I saw and I know EVERYBODY was outraged by it and let the stewards know in no uncertain manner. Still as usual lets argue the toss about it.

I saw it and I wasn't outraged by it. Everybody knows it's an offence to go onto the pitch and everybody knows the stewards are there to stop you doing just that.

Also, having spent an hour or so in the company of Richard Hebbard, the club safety officer, before the game I would say we have one of the best safety teams in the league, if not the best.

So there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I saw it and I wasn't outraged by it. Everybody knows it's an offence to go onto the pitch and everybody knows the stewards are there to stop you doing just that.

Also, having spent an hour or so in the company of Richard Hebbard, the club safety officer, before the game I would say we have one of the best safety teams in the league, if not the best.

So there.

So it's fair game for a pyschotic steward to abandon his post and sprint twenty yards just to try out his best arm-breaking moves on a sappy bloke who is already being lightly restrained by a couple of more reasonable stewards and who is no threat to anyone at all?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
No problem. It was the same with both incidents. Both were nicely under control and all credit to the stewards on the spot for that. Last thing you needed was that cuuuunt in the shades to come steaming in and inflame matters. Get rid. Before he hurts someone.

Having read the whole post i can see peoples opinions but again i am NOT going to speculate as didnt see what he did

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
CCTV FOOTAGE WOULD BE STUDIED AND THE RING LEADERS WOULD ALL RECEIVE BANS

I've been on the withdean pitch twice, along with a couple of thousand albion fans. Firstly when we lifted the Div 2 trophy (when at one point I had Sir Danny Cullips BUTTOCK on my shoulder as he was carried around the pitch) and secondly when we confirmed a play-off place with a dull 0-0 draw.

I have not been banned, and I was in the 'frontline' of the first dozen or so to get on the pitch (in my excitement) and therefore could be classed as a 'RingLeader' :D

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Having read the whole post i can see peoples opinions but again i am NOT going to speculate as didnt see what he did

Mate. We appreciate your Wenger-like 'did not see the incident in question' stance. But we know you KNOW the inclinations of the cuuuuunt in question. You KNOW he was out of order. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here