Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevie G hand shandy

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Were you at the MCG on "that night" to join in with YNWA ?
(are you getting goosebumps remembering ?)

Tell me when he played so well for England that we should have built a team around him ?
Top tier PL player but no more than that.

All the fuss about SG this w/e outside Liverpool is nothing short of mad.

He was played in his best position for England, he was always used as a versatile midfielder. Thats why we should have built the team around him rather than have him plugging gaps.

No I wasn't at the MCG.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
LOL
Yeah yeah, sure they do ........

Gallup poll was it ?

Why do you think Australians invented a term for it in the first place?

No its a badfish poll, I am going on the conversations I have had over the years.

One thing is for certain though, they do not treat their national teams and sportspeople like we do.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Stevie G .....great player , England should have done better with him and Beckham in the centre.......but didn't...!! He is a legend to Liverpool fans and has been a good ambassador for the game although Palace didn't seem to take the occasion as they were supposed to and gave him a final Anfield apperance he probably could have done without......FFS Murray....!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So let me get this right. A whole bunch of people in Brighton who think that Stevie gets too much media coverage SAT AND WATCHED while simultaneously complaining on NSC about it.

Simultanious remote control malfunction? Locked in the house? bed ridden?

No, a bunch of football fans wanted to watch a football match (shock horror!), and had to sit through some irritating pomp and circumstance to get to the kick off.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No, a bunch of football fans wanted to watch a football match (shock horror!), and had to sit through some irritating pomp and circumstance to get to the kick off.

The kick off time was 5-30, you don't need to watch the build up the same as many do not take their seats at the Amex until ko. Seems to me that many just watched the build up to moan. Job done. I thought most TV's had a remote with a mute button on it as well.
I thought the idea was to tune in to see Palace lose, or not tune in at all.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

If it was that irritating why didn't you watch something else until kick off time? Some people just like to have a moan up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The kick off time was 5-30, you don't need to watch the build up the same as many do not take their seats at the Amex until ko. Seems to me that many just watched the build up to moan. Job done. I thought most TV's had a remote with a mute button on it as well.
I thought the idea was to tune in to see Palace lose, or not tune in at all.
If it was that irritating why didn't you watch something else until kick off time? Some people just like to have a moan up.

I did. If you don't want to listen to people moan about something they watched on TV, why didn't you ignore this thread?

But there are several reasons others might not.
Kick off of every other Saturday evening game this season has been 17.15, not entirely unreasonable to have assumed the same applied, and be thinking the pre-match stuff was over-running and not wanting to miss the kick off that they thought was 17.15.
Perhaps they wanted to see the goodbye stuff, but found it was a more than they were expecting.
In amongst the nonsense about Gerrard there was the usual build up - team line ups, review of form, brief discussion of the 3pm games.
They might have tried doing something else and turning on for kick off, but the timing was a little off, and they tuned in a little early and couldn't be bothered to faff around for the sake of a few minutes of the build up.
Perhaps they wanted to watch it to make fun of it the way so many people watch, say, Eurovision.
Perhaps they figured, "Y'know what, I'll just flick over to SSN, see if they're showing highlights of the 3pm games yet" turn over, find that they're also covering the build up, and figuring they might as well just sit through it because as bad/annoying/amusingly overwrought as it is, it's still better than the latest re-run of harry hill's tv bloopers or whatever is on itv/bbc at the time.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I did. If you don't want to listen to people moan about something they watched on TV, why didn't you ignore this thread?

But there are several reasons others might not.
Kick off of every other Saturday evening game this season has been 17.15, not entirely unreasonable to have assumed the same applied, and be thinking the pre-match stuff was over-running and not wanting to miss the kick off that they thought was 17.15.
Perhaps they wanted to see the goodbye stuff, but found it was a more than they were expecting.
In amongst the nonsense about Gerrard there was the usual build up - team line ups, review of form, brief discussion of the 3pm games.
They might have tried doing something else and turning on for kick off, but the timing was a little off, and they tuned in a little early and couldn't be bothered to faff around for the sake of a few minutes of the build up.
Perhaps they wanted to watch it to make fun of it the way so many people watch, say, Eurovision.
Perhaps they figured, "Y'know what, I'll just flick over to SSN, see if they're showing highlights of the 3pm games yet" turn over, find that they're also covering the build up, and figuring they might as well just sit through it because as bad/annoying/amusingly overwrought as it is, it's still better than the latest re-run of harry hill's tv bloopers or whatever is on itv/bbc at the time.

Perhaps, perhaps.........Perhaps they did not LOOK at the time of the KO, pehaps they did not realise that the 3pm games are not shown and the build up to any game whether 17-15 or not, are shown.
Perhaps the viewer had been on another planet and not realised this was a nothing game, but it was Gerrard's last home game.
Perhaps comparing this game to a Eurovision is another complete and weak excuse to hide the moaning.

I would imagine this game was watched worldwide judging by the fan base and the fact it was Gerrards last game, do you think the world was tuning in to watch a game that had nothing on it.........or to watch Palarse :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Perhaps, perhaps.........Perhaps they did not LOOK at the time of the KO, pehaps they did not realise that the 3pm games are not shown and the build up to any game whether 17-15 or not, are shown.
Perhaps the viewer had been on another planet and not realised this was a nothing game, but it was Gerrard's last home game.
Perhaps comparing this game to a Eurovision is another complete and weak excuse to hide the moaning.

Isn't this just a moan?

The title of the thread is "Stevie G hand shandy" it's unlikely to be complimentary of the build up, so why did you open it, read it, comment on it if you fill so strongly on it?

Seems you are moaning about the same thing you have done?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Isn't this just a moan?

The title of the thread is "Stevie G hand shandy" it's unlikely to be complimentary of the build up, so why did you open it, read it, comment on it if you fill so strongly on it?

now you are moaning about him moaning about the moaning. This thing is out of control!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Isn't this just a moan?

Not really. So we have to agree on the thread title and opening post and not comment......that will make for a lively one post board and thread eh.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not really. So we have to agree on the thread title and opening post and not comment......that will make for a lively one post board and thread eh.

No, we don't. But if you're going to choose to open a thread (that is clearly about something you are going to want to moan about if you read it) and then moan about those moaning about something they are choosing to watch, you are a going to be called out as a hypocrite.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Come again? Are you serious? So if someone starts a thread on, say, 'Hughton out', or 'Vote UKIP', or 'Bring back hanging' you expect people who don't agree to just ignore it and not open the thread and argue their case?

Blimey!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Soulman, what happened to you? You used to be such an angel.

:lolol: I normally get a bit miffed with the constant moaners, and the people that put down our top sportsman. I suspect that Terry will get the same stick, another that has been a one man club, and Scholes.......all World class at some point in their careers.
Interesting to see today that Pirlo has also stated that Gerrard was the "complete midfielder" and he wanted him at AC Milan when he was there. Like Fergie and Mourmoanio and Zidane, i tend to value their opinion above those that are just voyeurs.
Why do we feel the need to diss our best when the world seem to appreciate them, jealousy i suspect.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

This beauty came up on my Twitter feed.
He was paying his respects to SG from a Sussex beach. :facepalm:

It's times like this that make me glad I support Brighton, no matter how bad last season was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here