Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve McClaren

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes. I hope he is hopeless but i'm guessing he can get considerably more out of that squad that Pearson and his sulks and theatrics. He took a less impressive DCFC squad to the play off final before.

Absolutely mullering the Albion on the way there. McClaren is not the rubbish manager at Championship level but that many on this thread seem to think he is. Derby will definitely become a threat to the top six with him in charge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO the appointment of the 2 Steves will put the 2 strong and expensively assembled squads back into promotion contention as they are both competant and will get the best out of their squads and make the play offs, possibly 1 will make auto with Newcastle. The latest odds should be interesting .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
McClaren and now Bruce joining the Championship fray is not good news for the Albion.
Can't see how they won't manage to get a decent showing/bounce out of their expensive squads, and spend even further in January. There's plenty of games left for them to start challenging the top 6.
Makes our job harder even though we've a decent head start on both of them.
We need 1 player in January, they both need several - I'm not worried about that transfer window being a massive game changer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Both 11 points adrift of us with 35 games to go.

Not overly stressed about them being able to get 0.3 points a game more than us, as long as we continue chalking off around 2 points per match.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm in agreement with those saying this is an astute appointment. He may be completely out of his depth in the Premier League and at International level but at this level he's a very good manager. He's going to a club that he knows, it sounds like the fans are happy with this and no doubt he'll have been promised a competitive budget too.

The team are obviously dysfunctional as it stands and he may need to rebuild so it depends just how much time the Derby board are giving him. If they ask for top ten this season and play-offs next season then he could just be the right man for the job.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We need 1 player in January, they both need several - I'm not worried about that transfer window being a massive game changer.
We only needed one player in the Summer.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think both teams got better but they're currently too far back to challenge for automatic. Next season if those managers are still there, the clubs will both be a much bigger challenge than they have been this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Both 11 points adrift of us with 35 games to go.

Not overly stressed about them being able to get 0.3 points a game more than us, as long as we continue chalking off around 2 points per match.

we still have to play them don't forget.

I expect both to be in the mix.

Not overly worried as we are a very good side.

Norwich home will tell us a lot in a couple of weeks

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
£ teams have improved their sides by appointing new Managers. Expect Cardiff, Villa and Derby to pick up in the next few weeks. Makes the championship even more competitive. The difference this season is that we are better than last season and have more quality on the bench. With March back soon and hopefully match bans out of the way for Dunk and Knocky, December will be a better time for us this year. Looking for maximum points from the next 3 games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm in agreement with those saying this is an astute appointment. He may be completely out of his depth in the Premier League and at International level but at this level he's a very good manager. He's going to a club that he knows, it sounds like the fans are happy with this and no doubt he'll have been promised a competitive budget too.

The thing is, they ARE happy now, but it will be an inherently fragile support - there will be no trust for McClaren after he walked out on them last year. He has zero credit, and the fans will turn on him in an instant as soon as they hit a bad spell.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The thing is, they ARE happy now, but it will be an inherently fragile support - there will be no trust for McClaren after he walked out on them last year. He has zero credit, and the fans will turn on him in an instant as soon as they hit a bad spell.

Very true. And does it really work when you go back the second time around, eh Micky?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
1063_heroa.jpg

Maybe Paul's worth another go after Steve?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here