Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Steve Hackett

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Received DVD of Steve’s ‘Seconds Out & More’ tour from last year today. Saw the gigs at The Dome and Southampton Mayflower … great to watch it back. Jumped straight to Supper’s Ready and then Afterglow for the iconic Seconds Out album cover lights show.

Not too long now until the Foxtrot at Fifty tour … just a shame it’s at the Brighton Centre this time!!

I went to both those shows. They were fantastic. The Brighton Dome is a great place for concerts, much better then the Brighton centre.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can’t make the Brighton one as we are on holiday ( again)

May look to take in one of his shows in London.

Love Steve Hackett and the band is seriously tight!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Saw Hackett again in Bath last night.
Foxtrot at 50 I think he is in Brighton soon, if you have tickets you are in for a treat.

Foxtrot was way way better than last years Seconds out tour..

Hoping he tours again next year.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Foxtrot at 50 I think he is in Brighton soon, if you have tickets you are in for a treat.

Sounds fantastic ... I checked out the setlist from earlier gigs in the tour to see which solo stuff he was going to do first and then assumed there would be one or two more after Foxtrot to finish the show.

The only disappointment for me is the venue in Brighton as it's at the Brighton Centre rather than the Dome which we've been to the last couple of tours.

I carefully selected seats in the south balcony as soon as they came out. But last week I got a call from Brighton Centre saying they were closing the balcony and we'd been moved to the raised stalls!! Great!! I guess the venue was just too big to sell enough tickets ... which is why the Dome is a much better as a venue!!

Will enjoy it nonetheless :thumbsup:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Oh ... and I was looking at what he might do next year. SEBTP will be 50 years old next year ... but of course he toured that album just recently!!

I'm sure he'll find something to keep the momentum going!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Sounds fantastic ... I checked out the setlist from earlier gigs in the tour to see which solo stuff he was going to do first and then assumed there would be one or two more after Foxtrot to finish the show.

The only disappointment for me is the venue in Brighton as it's at the Brighton Centre rather than the Dome which we've been to the last couple of tours.

I carefully selected seats in the south balcony as soon as they came out. But last week I got a call from Brighton Centre saying they were closing the balcony and we'd been moved to the raised stalls!! Great!! I guess the venue was just too big to sell enough tickets ... which is why the Dome is a much better as a venue!!

Will enjoy it nonetheless :thumbsup:

2 after Foxtrot

Ended with Los Endos

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Hope you enjoy it. Genesis was my first gig. The Dome, 70p. I think it was the Foxtrot tour. Magical.

[MENTION=37530]monty uk[/MENTION] can confirm

mm-23rd-Jan-Gen-tour-ad.jpg

11 February 1971, the first time I saw Genesis at the Dome

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

After losing my mum last week we are getting away tomorrow for a week and will miss Steve in Brighton.

Seen him 4 times now not counting genesis and love his concerts

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
I have a dillema!!

Mrs HS really doesn't like Amanda Lehmann's voice!! Fine on guitar ... but ...

I had my suspicions that she might be involved and I can see from the review that she now is for the rest of the tour.

Do I tell her ... or do I just let it happen on the night and act surprised :eek: :rock:

She only does 2 tracks ....( Dont tell her)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Band were superb last night ... how Steve Hackett can move his fingers on his guitar like that at 72 is amazing. Nad Sylvan's vocals seem to get better every time we see him.

And Mrs HS survived Amanda Lehmann's vocals on Shadow of the Hierophant ... :D

IMG_3872.jpeg

Chickenrunner

Jul 26, 2004
Thought Steve was on top form last night. I must be getting old, but the Brighton Centre acoustic actually sounded good as well.... I also thought Amanda's voice was fine for shadow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here