Steve Gerrard at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Could not see another thread but Naylor has tweeted that Gerrard is likely to make his comeback in the cup game at the Amex, against Big Al Navarro?? are they crazy??

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I kind of hope someone sticks one on him straight away if that's the case

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Will I be the only one applauding this great servant for our country? :moo:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Seriously though, be interesting to see how we deal with him

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I was hoping this would be the case when I saw reports of his comeback from injury. He is a class act and it will only add to once promises to be a great night at the Amex. Fantastic opportuinity for our young players to test themselves against top class opposition.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Stevie G is one of my favourite players of the past decade, will be great to see him grace our new stadium.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Constant boo's everytime he's near the ball and all the Gerrard is a wanker/Steven Gerrard is illegitimate/cheating diving c#nt chants through the whole game I hope.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Saw the same story on BBC teletext, I hope he plays and all the Liverpool first teamers. They haven't got Europe to worry about this year so domestic trophies are all they can go for. I would rather we lost to the Liverpool 1st team then beat Liverpool reserves.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect he will end up like Souness (minus the trophies this year) in 84.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would anyone be especially bothered about watching that sour-faced, over-hyped trier, when there will be GENUINNELY exciting players like Suarez on show?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I wouldn't see there would be alot to worry about. He hasn't played for months and this sort of game is like a warm up to see how he gets on, he won't be as special as he has been before he was picking up all these little knocks. Everyone should be more worried about Suarez against Greer..

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Pretty amazed at the response of some posters in this thread, not too sure what Gerrards done to deserve that kind of criticism, has been a great player for England, one of the best players for us in the last decade or so, not to mention he's been captain too. Seems like a nice genuine guy too to me? Would love to see him play at the Amex.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I wouldn't see there would be alot to worry about. He hasn't played for months and this sort of game is like a warm up to see how he gets on, he won't be as special as he has been before he was picking up all these little knocks. Everyone should be more worried about Suarez against Greer..

Have to stop the ball getting to Suarez. Lucas will be the main tactical problem. I am sure we have the players to deal with him? I hope adam El-Abd is fit. Will he make his comeback against Liverpool? This is the important bit. I am not sure that Gerrard is all that he is cracked up to be ??? (joke with a ring of truth)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports