Steve Coppell England Manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Uncle Buck said:
I do think that Pearce needs to gain experience, however neither Klinsman nor Van Basten have previous managerial experience and yet they are holding their own (in Klinsmans case to an extent) in charge of their respective national teams.

I tell you: Alan Shearer. A good outside bet.

larus

Alan Curbishly has done a good job at Charlton, but lacks the experience at international/European level.

Sam Alardyce would want to import too many players for my liking.
:lolol:

Steve McClaren doesn't inspire confidence.

Stuart Pearce would at least generate some pride in the team. Can't see him saying to Beckham, "How do you want to play this game Davey boy". More like, "you're playing there, got it."

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Billy the Fish said:
Mourinho fair enough but I'd hardly describe Wenger as having tactical nous. Arsenal play good football, but can only play one way and once you find them out Wenger can't change things, very much like Ericsson. This season Arsenal have lost to:
Middlesbrough
West Brom
Bolton
Wigan
All managed by englishmen

That'll be the same Wenger who's team whipped Boro 7-0 - managed by... Sven England Assistant Steve McLaren.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Uncle Buck said:
I do think that Pearce needs to gain experience, however neither Klinsman nor Van Basten have previous managerial experience and yet they are holding their own (in Klinsmans case to an extent) in charge of their respective national teams.

Manchester City this season have lost 9 games out of 23. Hardly inspiring is it.

There are about 5,000 empty seats at Eastlands each Saturday so whilst the fans like Pearce, (he is a fantastic bloke, but then so was my dad, and his name is not being mentioned) they don't rate him too highly

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Billy the Fish said:
Arsenal play good football, but can only play one way and once you find them out Wenger can't change things
:clap2:

I'm glad I'm not the only wone who has noticed this. :dunce:

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
Anyway this is all irrelevant, the next appointment will probably put English football back into the dark ages.

Originally posted by Sid James
Why ? Who do you think will get it ?

What worries me most is the bunch of f***-wits known as the FA who are going to make the decision. :shootself

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
Anyway this is all irrelevant, the next appointment will probably put English football back into the dark ages.
Oh, and Sven has been such a SHINING LIGHT in all this, hasn't he. And golly, what amazing football we've seen from his England team. Worth every penny of his £3m a year (and the f***-knows HOW much payoff he's about to ram his snout into).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports