Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Steve Bergwijn

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We're doing great, but we've clearly got a bit to learn about Top Six Club level buying and selling!
:wink:

Yep that £45m on Wan Bissaka, £41m on Nathan Ake, £97m on Lukaku, £72m on Pepe, £53m on Ndombele etc etc etc etc

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You have to invest to move forward. Our prize money alone increased by millions just for finishing 9th instead of the customary 15th to 17th. Tony wants top 10 consistently. How do you think that will be achieved without investment in the squad? People like you are clueless. Luckily Tony isn’t…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not a case of should he or should he not invest. Bloom has backed Potter and continues to do so . It’s whether they will depart from their strategy of buying young prospects from cheaper markets like South America, championship, Austria , hoping for 1-2 marquee sales per season, having a loan army hoping several break through per season , and control over wages. That seems to be working - we finished 9th last year after all, but it is still expensive and Bloom is still covering losses. Although with sales coming through now - post Covid then ££ must be a bit more positive now. I see no sign of that changing - do you ? What are you hoping will change ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep that £45m on Wan Bissaka, £41m on Nathan Ake, £97m on Lukaku, £72m on Pepe, £53m on Ndombele etc etc etc etc

Citeh look like getting a substantial amount back on Ake. Pogba and Lukaku I'll grant you were disastrous business. However Spurs are way ahead in the art of entering a revolving door behind someone and coming out in front!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Citeh look like getting a substantial amount back on Ake. Pogba and Lukaku I'll grant you were disastrous business. However Spurs are way ahead in the art of entering a revolving door behind someone and coming out in front!

Maybe but I’m sure Levy is pretty impressed with how his friends down the road have managed recruit / sell players like Sanchez, Cucurella, White, Bissouma, Trossard and MacAllister at great profit or relatively cheaply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe but I’m sure Levy is pretty impressed with how his friends down the road have managed recruit / sell players like Sanchez, Cucurella, White, Bissouma, Trossard and MacAllister at great profit or relatively cheaply.

Well yes. My sentence, which you quoted, did start with the words "We're doing great"! :)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Steve Bergwijn would be a great addition for me as a long term replacement for Welbz. Scoring and creating plenty in a poor Ajax team, already got EPL experience and likely to be available for a cut price 30/35m euros. His goalscoring celebration is worth the admission fee alone.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Steve Bergwijn would be a great addition for me as a long term replacement for Welbz. Scoring and creating plenty in a poor Ajax team, already got EPL experience and likely to be available for a cut price 30/35m euros. His goalscoring celebration is worth the admission fee alone.
OK, I'm going to embarrass myself and give a serious response; he scored 7 in 60 for Tottenham and his goalscoring record in the Eredivisie is inferior to Jahanbaksh before we signed him. Agustein and Locadia also prove that the Eredivisie is not a good market for us to be shopping at.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
OK, I'm going to embarrass myself and give a serious response; he scored 7 in 60 for Tottenham and his goalscoring record in the Eredivisie is inferior to Jahanbaksh before we signed him. Agustein and Locadia also prove that the Eredivisie is not a good market for us to be shopping at.
Da da da da da da da da da daaaaaaaaaa Joel Veltman
I haven’t a clue on Bergwjn BTW

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

You seem to be overlooking his goalscoring celebration, which is worth the admission fee alone. A snip at 35 million.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
For us spending 35m, it would have to be for a special player and i don't think this lad can be classed as that.
Big fans favourite at Spurs, think he will be older, wiser and better for his previous experience in the EPL and without the toxicity and baggage at trying to play at a big, underachieving club. He's pulled Ajax up by their coat-tails almost single handedly this season, and have you seen his goal celebration....?!?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Come On Reaction GIF

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Digging a little deeper looks like we've got serious competition for his services. West H'aaaaa'm, Everton, Man U and some Saudi clubs after him too.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The Albion's defence has been particularly leaky this season, to the extent that we've only had 5 clean sheets in 28 matches.

Two of those clean sheets were against Ajax, with Bergwijn playing in both matches... :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here