Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Steve Bergwijn

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
More good business by Tottenham. He didn't fit into how they want to play and they've picked up Richarlison who does. It's a good fee for Bergwijn. The business they have done this summer must really annoy the previous managers who haven't had such opportunities to re-shape the squad.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
More good business by Tottenham. He didn't fit into how they want to play and they've picked up Richarlison who does. It's a good fee for Bergwijn. The business they have done this summer must really annoy the previous managers who haven't had such opportunities to re-shape the squad.
They are certainly backing a very good manager if only we would do the same. Poor old GP gets fed scraps.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Conte threatened to walk if he wasn’t backed didn’t he?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Conte threatened to walk if he wasn’t backed didn’t he?

I wouldn't have blamed him if he had. He's a top quality manager with the basics of a squad capable of competing for a domestic Cup. When he's backed, he builds a squad to compete. If not, he leaves.

They are certainly backing a very good manager if only we would do the same. Poor old GP gets fed scraps.

I don't agree. He's well fed with the squad.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
0_GettyImages-1209669426.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You've got to hand it to Spurs - that's some transfer window they're having. Sign a midfielder that they very much wanted (at a fairly good price; luckily for them he had only one year left on his contract) and then they just re-coup the money by flogging off someone surplus to their requirements for a similar amount, give or take a few £Ms.
It's like us paying £9.6M (Wikipedia's price guess, not mine, but go with it for now) for Enciso and funding it by selling Connolly for £9M! We're doing great, but we've clearly got a bit to learn about Top Six Club level buying and selling!
:wink:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Lol. Always with the dig. F*** me, 9th in the PL, not once in the relegation mix at all last season and your still bitching about Tony's money spending.

FFS. :shrug: :ffsparr:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You've got to hand it to Spurs - that's some transfer window they're having. Sign a midfielder that they very much wanted (at a fairly good price; luckily for them he had only one year left on his contract) and then they just re-coup the money by flogging off someone surplus to their requirements for a similar amount, give or take a few £Ms.
It's like us paying £9.6M (Wikipedia's price guess, not mine, but go with it for now) for Enciso and funding it by selling Connolly for £9M! We're doing great, but we've clearly got a bit to learn about Top Six Club level buying and selling!
:wink:

Barber Out did say that the amount for Biss was a lot more than the quoted figure. £30m is the speculated figure at the time. So could have been £40m.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Barber Out did say that the amount for Biss was a lot more than the quoted figure. £30m is the speculated figure at the time. So could have been £40m.
Could've, would've, should've and all that. Of course none of us have the exact figures - but whichever way up you look at it Spurs have done some very adroit wheeler dealing!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Could've, would've, should've and all that. Of course none of us have the exact figures - but whichever way up you look at it Spurs have done some very adroit wheeler dealing!

Absolutely. They've got a class act in Biss and got rid of deadwood for a good chunk of change.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All about opinions, he’s proved himself and now is the time to back the man not weaken the squad.

Who is paying for that then ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Lol. Always with the dig. F*** me, 9th in the PL, not once in the relegation mix at all last season and your still bitching about Tony's money spending.

FFS. :shrug: :ffsparr:

I don't get it myself. Some supporters remind of the Dursley's kid in Harry Potter. '35 presents, I had 36 last year'

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m going to have a wild stab in the dark and say the transfer budget.

My main point is that will only be so much. The club has run at a huge loss over the years which Tony has serviced.

So £100m or so in contract sales doesn't mean a huge increase. It's still Tony's money everyone wants their supporters egos stroked by.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
My main point is that will only be so much. The club has run at a huge loss over the years which Tony has serviced.

So £100m or so in contract sales doesn't mean a huge increase. It's still Tony's money everyone wants their supporters egos stroked by.

You have to invest to move forward. Our prize money alone increased by millions just for finishing 9th instead of the customary 15th to 17th. Tony wants top 10 consistently. How do you think that will be achieved without investment in the squad? People like you are clueless. Luckily Tony isn’t…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You have to invest to move forward. Our prize money alone increased by millions just for finishing 9th instead of the customary 15th to 17th. Tony wants top 10 consistently. How do you think that will be achieved without investment in the squad? People like you are clueless. Luckily Tony isn’t…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but how far it goes is down to him. It's his money that has got Albion this far and if he can't/doesn't want to keep pushing it I'd understand.

A lot of supporters are happy to have their team ego stoked on someone else's money and get upset when they reign it in.

See... just about every other club at some stage of their existence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here