Stephen Lawrence MURDERERS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Got to say I agree completely with Bushy and Billy the Fish that this is a very sad day for British Justice.

Just to clarify, of course I think those 2 blokes were involved and I'm glad they are finally banged up but British Justice has been bent backwards to accommodate this very political trial.

The police f***ed up the evidence all those years ago and since then the suspects have had their names splashed across the media so much that it is, to all intents and purposes, impossible for anyone to sit in verdict without preconceptions. I don't care what the judge told the jury, I do not believe any juror did not think that these 2 did it before any evidence was submitted. And as for there being "new" evidence - bollocks was it new. It's the same evidence re-hashed and has thrown 800 years of legal procedure with double jeopardy right out the water. The message is clear now - keep trying the suspects until you get the verdict you want.

Anyone who does not think that it is politically motivated is, in my humble opinion, living in a dream world. Any brush with the law these blokes have had since the original trial has been politically motivated. They already did something like 18 months for chucking a milkshake at an off-duty policeman. That's a ridiculous sentence and I have no doubt that if it were not these particular scumbags then the sentence would not have been custodial, let alone so long.

And the McPherson report where the police basically kicked the suspects out of the proceedings into a ready-made mob. Why did the police do that? They knew there would be aggro. In my opinion, it was to get these blokes' faces on telly and also for the police to be seen to give these blokes a hard time. All too little too late.

I have very mixed feelings about it all and think senior heads should roll within the Met Police also.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Justice for Stephen Lawrence's parents. It's not closure but they can move on now.

The video I saw of his killers on how they demonstrated stabbing him or anyone violently was sickening. He never stood a chance. :(

Kim Jung Nige

Jan 3, 2012
You lay off bushy, I like him. You work for me at the Kim Jung Nige Bowl, you can see how people are one, now you can see how I, Kim Jung Nige, get things done. As well as football we have stadium tours every morning, where my devoted subjects can tell me how great I am, and public executions every Thursday afternoon (15% discount for Under 18's and STH) for enemies of the state.

I off now, I just looking at next week's results, as I have to write match report for our 4-1 victory in FA Cup next Saturday at Coventry.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
While I'm glad two murderers have been convicted, I'm more than slightly nervous about the political and media pressure surrounding the case. The murder in Bristol last year clearly shows what agenda the media have - anyone they can pin anything on will be in their sights. Let's hope it's the right person !!!!!

To be honest, if 12 of us off this thread were on the jury, it is clear a verdict would be reached on the evidence alone given some would without doubt question the reliability of the evidence, and what the media have portrayed on the case, as you and others are doing. That is British justice in a nutshell. Case law built on case law placed before a jury made up of 12 respectable members of society.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The mother lied about their son's whereabouts o the night so I would assume some repurcussions from that?

Indeed it seems that a lot of people backed them up,which is not a nice reflection on society. Both have convictions, one for racially aggravated violence. This may be justice, but it is only partial for the Lawrence family, the accused gang has been free for 20 years too long and there is talk that they may try to get a reduced sentence due to their age at the time.

Glad they have been nailed but should have happened years ago

Dandyman

In London village.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely if those on here who are convinced that this was a show trial are representative of the public view, then it made it LESS likely that the two defendants would have been convicted, not more? I was certain they were going to walk, precisely because of the previous publicity.

I know if I was on a jury in a trial of that magnitude, I'd feel under tremendous pressure to get it right, and to consider everything exactly on the terms that the judge directed, because the implications of getting it wrong are so great. Juries in general tend to be more afraid of convicting an innocent man than freeing a guilty one.

Personally, I think it's more than a little bit insulting to the twelve members of the jury who've sat through every second of this trial to suggest that they're somehow less capable of deciding what was the correct outcome than any of us, or that they all lack the intelligence to spot what Bushy seemingly has.

Kim Jung Nige

Jan 3, 2012
Personally, I think it's more than a little bit insulting to the twelve members of the jury who've sat through every second of this trial to suggest that they're somehow less capable of deciding what was the correct outcome than any of us, or that they all lack the intelligence to spot what Bushy seemingly has.

You leave off bushy, he speak truth, like I do at Camp Kim Jung Nige. I must go, time to buy tonight's winning lottery ticket.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Personally, I think it's more than a little bit insulting to the twelve members of the jury who've sat through every second of this trial to suggest that they're somehow less capable of deciding what was the correct outcome than any of us

Well, that's one way to twist what has been argued by (amongst others) me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
the fact he has previous, he was also arrested a month before Stephen Lawrence death for stabbing another person.

Either his extremely unlucky or his a complete mentalist

You can't convict people on previous sentences let alone previous arrests. I don't mean to be rude but you don't seem to understand how courts work.

blazey59

Oct 20, 2011
Chesterfield
you are a mug mate wake up.
Absolute f***ing political show trial, convicted on evidence that is tainted beyond belief, and youd've have to have lived on mars for 25 years not to have had a preconcieved opinion on their guilt, whether they did it or not is immaterial if you give a shit about the justice system in this country.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
You can't convict people on previous sentences let alone previous arrests. I don't mean to be rude but you don't seem to understand how courts work.

Would you argue with the Damilola Taylor case and Napper case as the same system was used in them convictions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports