Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen King - What's your favourite

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I saw him read at a community event in Bangor Maine, he read from a few things, I think Bag of Bones was his most recent at that time, but he read an excerpt from Needful Things, which fast became my favourite...

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
salems lot , green mile , shining , f*** they are all good

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Used to love reading Stephen King as a kid, The Shining a particular favourite and Salems Lot was probably one of the first books i ever read.
Might have to start reading him again now

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Interesting to see he's so popular, I always imagined his popularity was with kids. I've only read a few of his books and to be honest didn't particularly enjoy any of them that much. I have, however, enjoyed a number of the film versions of his books, particularly the shining, misery and the green mile. Wasn't stand by me based on one of his books too?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3358075 said:
King is a genius but deeply disturbed. In IT before the children go into the sewers for the final showdown with Pennywise the 12 year old girl shags all the boys to "bond them" and for courage ???

Yeah they opted to not film that scene! The book is very dark with lots of homophobic undertones from the Derry residents etc.

I heard they are remaking IT, so i wonder how true they'll make it this time...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here