Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen King - What's your favourite

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yes I know it should be a poll, but it isn't because a)I don't know all the books he's written b) I'd only screw it up if I tried to do a poll.

Anyway, for me it's a split decision between The Stand and IT, I found most books after IT were gash .... and yes, I am bored.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Do absolutely love The Stand. Think Cell is awesome too, as a mini epic. His books which are collections of short stories are excellent- Skeleton Crew as an example. However I must agree with Bevendean Hillbilly- Christine is probably my favourite. Unfortunately I saw the film of IT before reading the book, probably killed it forever :(

But in all honesty, I've read most of his books and there hasn't been one I haven't enjoyed. Lisey's Story was excellent, along with Carrie, Firestarter, Pet Sematary and Salem's Lot.

I do rather enjoy his books!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Night Shift for me. A cracking set of short stories, a lot of which have ended up as films in their own right. Pet Sematary was the first of his I read and it gave me nightmares, so it must be good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Misery and Geralds Game, both superb holiday reads.
Particularly liked Misery when the 'e' broke on his keyboard (think it was the e), and the novel within the book progressed with it still missing.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Needful things was his best book IMHO, closely followed by The Stand.. His recent books (Cell, Under the Dome) have tended to follow a similar path to the stand, good vs Evil Lord of the flies style...
The dark tower series were not too bad either..
Movies wise, The Stand, Miser, Dreamcatcher, Carrie, Shawshank, Stand By Me, Green Mile were very good!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Needful things was his best book IMHO, closely followed by The Stand.. His recent books (Cell, Under the Dome) have tended to follow a similar path to the stand, good vs Evil Lord of the flies style...
The dark tower series were not too bad either..
Movies wise, The Stand, Miser, Dreamcatcher, Carrie, Shawshank, Stand By Me, Green Mile were very good!

Was that the mini series thing with rob lowe in it?...if so I thought it was total clunge.

Salems lot on the other hand with David Soul...when the vampire kid comes tapping on the window...*shudder*

Green mile is also an excellent read.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The Stand, Misery and Duma Key.

Glad you said that, I started reading Duma Key yesterday.

Opening one of his books for the first time always feels like the start of a new holiday adventure. (Yes, my life is a bit dull. :blush:)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I love all the Dark Tower stuff. Links all of his books into one endless story. Great.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Pet Sematary, Hearts in Atlantis, plus the two books written with Peter Straub (The Talisman and Black House).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here