Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Must admit it quite amusing as my son rings me every morning saying 'dad have you seen rumours we are after XYZ player' his latest this morning was that Macheda had been spotted at The Amex today.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Dobbie has a lot of potential but is a lazy bugger. Assuming Ulloa, CMS, Hoskins, Barnes stay I can't see him getting any game time.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Dobbie has a lot of potential but is a lazy bugger. Assuming Ulloa, CMS, Hoskins, Barnes stay I can't see him getting any game time.

"Game time"

Sorry to bring it up but I've seen expression a few times on recently.

Is that what we used to call first team action ?

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
With the signing of Ulloa nearly complete will Poyet change the system to suit him by playing an attacking midfielder off him?
Hopefully he does and we get to see the best of Dobbie and realise why we signed him.

So you are asking whether if we get a big target man we will stop trying to get our wingers and fullbacks behind the defence to get in crosses but will instead put someone in the hole and try to play through the middle instead?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
It was the first site to say that we were after Ulloa and Sebatien Fernandez, if we are.

I was the first person to say we were after Ulloa.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
- PIG -
Bruno - Greer - El Abd - Bridge
-Bridcutt-
Buckley - Vicente - Orlandi
- CMS - Ulloa

With Lopez on the bench to cover RB/RW and CAM should he need to, Dobbie on the bench to cover CAM or striker.

Would be awesome but will never happen as a starting line up. Possibly if we are chasing a game but its far too attacking for Gus' style.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Not entirely sure he's lazy. For sure his performances have been pretty poor but I think that could be as much to do with being sold a pup when coming here. He was quoted as saying he wanted out of Swans to get regular football and he hasn't had it. When he has he's used his little time to snatch at stuff and try all sorts of unlikely things, possibly out of desperation.

I feel for the bloke (I think) He's more than proven at this level and I'm not aware of him having a lazy rep anywhere else. I still hope he gets the opportunity to come good, but not holding my breath!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
- PIG -
Bruno - Greer - El Abd - Bridge
-Bridcutt-
Buckley - Vicente - Orlandi
- CMS - Ulloa

With Lopez on the bench to cover RB/RW and CAM should he need to, Dobbie on the bench to cover CAM or striker.

Would be awesome but will never happen as a starting line up. Possibly if we are chasing a game but its far too attacking for Gus' style.

When I look at that line up it makes me realise that the next part of Gus's rebuilding will have to be central defence

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Originally Posted by GingerBeerMan<br />
- PIG -<br />
Bruno - Greer - El Abd - Bridge<br />
-Bridcutt-<br />
Buckley - Vicente - Orlandi<br />
- CMS - Ulloa<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Originally Posted by Craig4004<br />
<br />
<br />
When I look at that line up it makes me realise that the next part of Gus's rebuilding will have to be central defence

I think Gus is looking at CB but that would be a like for like replacement in the team above. Gus won't play the team you describe because there is too much exposure in midfield. And much as id love to see two up front I can't see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here