Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
With the signing of Ulloa nearly complete will Poyet change the system to suit him by playing an attacking midfielder off him?
Hopefully he does and we get to see the best of Dobbie and realise why we signed him.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
With the signing of Ulloa nearly complete will Poyet change the system to suit him by playing an attacking midfielder off him?
Hopefully he does and we get to see the best of Dobbie and realise why we signed him.

Absolutely this!! 100% agree. Dobbie a class act in the hole

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
An attacking midfielder like Vicente, Orlandi, Lopez?
I would imagine all 3 of them are above Dobbie in the pecking order for that position.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I would imagine all 3 of them are above Dobbie in the pecking order for that position.

+ Barnes.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
+ Barnes.

Vicente when fit agreed. Lopez looks better as a full back/wide right. Orlandi played really well on the left Saturday and Barnes showed he is at his best leading the line. He and Dobbie would work just as well.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Agree entirely. Dobbie has barely broken sweat when he's played, a bit like Harley before him. He'll be gone this window, and I'll shed no tears.

Dec 29, 2011
- PIG -
Bruno - Greer - El Abd - Bridge
-Bridcutt-
Buckley - Vicente - Orlandi
- CMS - Ulloa

With Lopez on the bench to cover RB/RW and CAM should he need to, Dobbie on the bench to cover CAM or striker.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Holloway clearly rates him as he wanted to sign him when at Blackpool. As long as he doesn't go to Palace and 'do a Murray'.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Surely somebody has to go to make way but as Gus often says he wants 2 men for every position.

We have 29 players with squad numbers and now ollua. Vincelot not got a squad number and Harley on loan, nearly 3 for every position. No wonder we are losing money. Are we losing control of players wages. Surely Tony Bloom will tell Gus he has got to sell before he buys again soon. I am surprised that anyone wants to sign at the moment. The chances are after a couple of games,if they don't perform they wont even get on the bench. Does'nt look good for the development boys either. How do they get into the side let alone on the bench. JFC must wonder if he will ever get a game again.It was only last year Gus was complaining about 5 subs and not being able to put a couple on the bench for experience. They can forget about that now

Dec 29, 2011
We have 29 players with squad numbers and now ollua. Vincelot not got a squad number and Harley on loan, nearly 3 for every position. No wonder we are losing money. Are we losing control of players wages. Surely Tony Bloom will tell Gus he has got to sell before he buys again soon. I am surprised that anyone wants to sign at the moment. The chances are after a couple of games,if they don't perform they wont even get on the bench. Does'nt look good for the development boys either. How do they get into the side let alone on the bench. JFC must wonder if he will ever get a game again.It was only last year Gus was complaining about 5 subs and not being able to put a couple on the bench for experience. They can forget about that now

Good points, I echo your concerns too. The only glimmer of hope for me is that Bloom isn't an idiot or a walkover. He will step in before things get out of control, and on that basis I say we are working within our means.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
March was on the bench for a couple of games recently....we seem almost have a fit squad without any suspensions...unlike last year...numbers do look rather large though...bound to see some trimming

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good points, I echo your concerns too. The only glimmer of hope for me is that Bloom isn't an idiot or a walkover. He will step in before things get out of control, and on that basis I say we are working within our means.

Totally agree re bloom...although i would have thought it wasn't a case of him stepping in...as he would have laid a budget out in the first place

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Many of our players have contracts that expire this coming summer (12, 13? of them). I think there will always be overlaps like this when you're trying to improve the squad wholesale, and the squad wages will drop a bit as we lose probably 6-8 players.

Dec 29, 2011
Many of our players have contracts that expire this coming summer (12, 13? of them). I think there will always be overlaps like this when you're trying to improve the squad wholesale, and the squad wages will drop a bit as we lose probably 6-8 players.

Got a list?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Got a list?

From another thread a few weeks back:

[Albion] Out of contact players - half-season report

RM-Taylor listed:

Ankergren
Brezovan
Dicker
El-Abd
Greer
Hoskins
Lopez
Painter
Sparrow
Vicente
Vincelot

The Argus listed:
Ashley Barnes
Roland Bergkamp
Peter Brezovan
David
Gary Dicker
Adam El-Abd
Gordon Greer
Will Hoskins
Marcos Painter
Matt Sparrow
Romain Vincelot
Vicente

*It has since been revealed that Dunk has had a contract renewal that wasn't announced, so his place on the lists (in the link) is wrong. And, of course, Sparrow can now be removed. Greer was reported to have a clause that automatically renews or something, after X number of appearances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here