Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting 11 for Ipswich

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
Went on the stadium tour yesterday and the shirts were already laid out, no Bruno, cms or crofts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kuszczak
Calderon Greer El-Abd Bridge
Hammond Bridcutt Dicker
Buckley Barnes LuaLua​

Have to stick with Hammond in midfield really despite his woeful performance on Saturday.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Kuszczak
Calderon Greer El-Abd Bridge
Hammond Bridcutt Dicker
Buckley Barnes LuaLua​

Have to stick with Hammond in midfield really despite his woeful performance on Saturday.

That works for me but listening to Gus after the Brum game I wouldn't be surprised if Orlandi features in the starting line up. He might risk playing him instead of Hammond I suppose.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We are at home, it would be nice to play more than three attack minded players unlike Saturday which proved to be a complete cock up... And lets stick someone with a bit of pace up front eh...

Code:
          Kuszczak

Bruno  Greer  El-Abd  Bridge

Bridcutt

Lopez     Hammond     LuaLua

Dobbie

Buckley

The shape of that lineup looks awful mate. Four players down the center ?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The shape of that lineup looks awful mate. Four players down the center ?

I think they are allowed to run around rather than stay in a queue like that!

Not sure about Buckley up front. It's an interesting idea but Gus hasn't even tried him there in a friendly has he?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That works for me but listening to Gus after the Brum game I wouldn't be surprised if Orlandi features in the starting line up. He might risk playing him instead of Hammond I suppose.
I don't see him dropping Hammond, he might bring Orlandi in but more likely for Dicker (boo) or Dobbie (whatevs).

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You can't play Barnes as our most forward player. Complete waste of time as he is too slow.

On Saturday if CMS had been upfront that bad back pass in the second half would have been our best chance of scoring. If it had been Buckley up there he would have got to the ball before Ashley had taken one step towards it.

Cannot see much different than Gus giving the same 11 a chance to redeem themselves. Maybe Orlandi starting instead of Buckley as he asked to come off only 3 days ago. Not sure Gus is confident enough with LuaLua's fitness to start him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You can't play Dobbie as the most forward player, so what other choices are there?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I reckon its

Pole in Goal

Calderon
Greer
AEA
Bridge

Bridcutt
Dicker
Crofts
Buckley
LuaLua

Barnes

Don't know why

Just a feeling in my water

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
George Barker?

Barker played yesterday for the reserves and got into the danger area to score. (Highlights)

Sparrow tried a curling ball to pass it into the net near the end but their keeper saw it all the way. Arguable if he should have tried the shot? Not in cointention for a first team place though. And shot was fourth tier standard really. Probably would have fooled Ankergen.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Love the fact people who can't spell Kuszczak always select 'pole in goal' !!!!!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd go with this. Dobbie looks very good but not up front on his own. Have him behind the front man threading it through. Him and CMS together will bag a few goals.

Ever since we signed him I thought Dobbie would be best used sitting just behind CMS and hope to see that soon

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I reckon its

Pole in Goal

Calderon
Greer
AEA
Bridge

Bridcutt
Dicker
Crofts
Buckley
LuaLua

Barnes

Don't know why

Just a feeling in my water

Barnes to lead the line? With his pace and skill the Ipswich defenders will be quaking in their boots. I do hope not.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Barnes to lead the line? With his pace and skill the Ipswich defenders will be quaking in their boots. I do hope not.

Skill and pace..... please do me a favour...... sheesh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here