Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Stanmer park

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fair enough. A lot of money has been spent on improving the park and I have no problem paying the parking fees. As I stated, I’d like to see evidence that these fees are being ploughed back into the on going maintenance of the park.
I also hope the parking controls are applied to ALL vehicles.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Went today. Positives - the setting is lovely and recommended. The staff in the cafe were friendly and it's very nicely designed. Negatives - parking is £1.70 ph not £1 as stated above. The food was mixed, mine was a very tasty haddock in a gallon of sauce but pricey at £14.50 and no carbs served with it. My parents both had the open steak sandwich with chips, £12.50, and yes the beef is locally sourced but tough (I tried some) and the sourdough bread a mistake as dad says it was as tough as shoe leather. They don't want to go back, sadly. It was very busy though, lots of dogs etc. Still worth a visit perhaps more for a coffee and cake.
Question. Can you park and pay by cash or card here or is it solely payment by app ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Loads of public parks now have car parks you have to pay for. Preston Park has had that for more than a decade

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Question. Can you park and pay by cash or card here or is it solely payment by app ?
Certainly the car park at the entrance (just on the left as you go in) is cash, card or app.

Although it's not part of the park the 'top' car park (which is off Ditchling Road) is app only. As I say I don't think it's considered part of the park (although it was done up at the same time) but it is popular with dog walkers. We use it and walk down to the park proper.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The council claim that the parking fees are reinvested in maintaining the park. I’d love to see the evidence.
the aforementioned car parks, pathway, signed walks, childrens play park, cafes cost a lot,

Thats where the money has/is going- a friend lives in the village (lucky so and so) they have regular updates on the finances etc- currently a bit of a debate about the old toilets opposite the tea room in the village street and the roadway

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
the aforementioned car parks, pathway, signed walks, childrens play park, cafes cost a lot,

Thats where the money has/is going- a friend lives in the village (lucky so and so) they have regular updates on the finances etc- currently a bit of a debate about the old toilets opposite the tea room in the village street and the roadway
That’s good to hear. Stanmer Park is a gem, needs protecting and to be accessible to locals as well as visitors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here