Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please vote for your favourite banner

• STAND OR FALL

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (with seagull)

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea)

Votes: 93 15.4%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea - with seagulls)

Votes: 378 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Whatever design is chosen, please make it as big as you can, filling all available space. Or once it's done, I guarantee we'll wish it was a bit bigger.

It will add a lot to that end of the ground.

Having spoken to the club over the last few months trust me we have it as big as we are allowed.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Having spoken to the club over the last few months trust me we have it as big as we are allowed.

Thanks for that update, and well done for doing all this. I'm sure the club must have its reasons for limiting the size of the banner, but I'm not sure what they would be. There's a lot of blank grey space on that wall ... a large classy banner will enhance it no end.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When do you think it will be ready?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
When do you think it will be ready?

Well the vote has another week or so, then we have to raise the cash by the reaction on here I don't feel that will be to much of a problem, And with Bozza's offer to cover any short fall we can order it from the day the vote is over.

[MENTION=2934]tomysupercup[/MENTION] has more details about the printers tbh, But it WILL be in for the start of the season.

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
Thanks for all the constructive feedback.

Just to pick up on a few of the comments made so far.

The size of the banner (15.3m x 1.8m) is unfortunately not up for discussion. I agree, if we could make it bigger it would be great. However, due to changes in the North stand this is the maximum size we can work to.

Re Seagulls flying ‘out of the banner’ in number 4, which has come up a number of times. We could possibly swap the two seagulls around so they are both flying/facing into the banner. Whilst we appreciate this would change the design people had voted for we think it would be a positive change without changing the overall look/feel.

Likewise with the stripes above the words, we can look at this and see how much bigger we could make the lettering etc

The font will stay, again we appreciate the feedback but we specifically picked this font for a number of reasons. Mainly those highlighted by The Large One (page 3).

This banner will not affect any existing banners in the North stand. It will be attached above all the banners that are hung on a match by match basis. All North stand Albion fans/groups will have their normal space for banners etc.

As confirmed by Drumstick we’re hoping this will be up for the start for the season.

For the record, this project is fan driven. We really want to make our mark on our stands and appreciate the support from North Stand Chat. We’re hoping that this will be the first of many Albion fan driven banner projects around our new home.

We’ll be launching another thread shortly with details of how you can donate towards the banner.

Thanks for your support.
:albion2:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Thanks for all the constructive feedback.

Just to pick up on a few of the comments made so far.

The size of the banner (15.3m x 1.8m) is unfortunately not up for discussion. I agree, if we could make it bigger it would be great. However, due to changes in the North stand this is the maximum size we can work to.

Re Seagulls flying ‘out of the banner’ in number 4, which has come up a number of times. We could possibly swap the two seagulls around so they are both flying/facing into the banner. Whilst we appreciate this would change the design people had voted for we think it would be a positive change without changing the overall look/feel.

Likewise with the stripes above the words, we can look at this and see how much bigger we could make the lettering etc

The font will stay, again we appreciate the feedback but we specifically picked this font for a number of reasons. Mainly those highlighted by The Large One (page 3).

This banner will not affect any existing banners in the North stand. It will be attached above all the banners that are hung on a match by match basis. All North stand Albion fans/groups will have their normal space for banners etc.

As confirmed by Drumstick we’re hoping this will be up for the start for the season.

For the record, this project is fan driven. We really want to make our mark on our stands and appreciate the support from North Stand Chat. We’re hoping that this will be the first of many Albion fan driven banner projects around our new home.

We’ll be launching another thread shortly with details of how you can donate towards the banner.

Thanks for your support.
:albion2:

All good. And as you suggest, this doesn't have to be the only banner at the ground. There are spaces available elsewhere which will probably still be grey once the work is finished, so we should certainly look at ways of how fans can customise these areas.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I love the ideas of different banners. I would really love a huge Catalan flag somewhere in the ground

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This really is a crap idea.

I love Sussex by the Sea, but picking three words out of the song is just plain idiotic. They will mean absolutely nothing to most people.

If you want a banner then expand to four words, SUSSEX BY THE SEA, at least that has some meaning.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This really is a crap idea.

I love Sussex by the Sea, but picking three words out of the song is just plain idiotic. They will mean absolutely nothing to most people.

Surely that is the point? If they do not know what is means then they should/will find out. It means something to us and that is what matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports