Stand or Fall - the north stand banner - please vote

Please vote for your favourite banner

• STAND OR FALL

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (with seagull)

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea)

Votes: 93 15.4%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea - with seagulls)

Votes: 378 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
Good morning NSC

Following many discussions and threads on here the club have agreed that the space between the two sets of windows in the North stand (west side) can be filled with a semi-permanent 'Stand or Fall' banner.

The first stage in this process is for Albion fans to pick a design. Whilst we appreciate NSC is not fully representative of all Albion fans it does offer immediate access to a large percentage of the supporter base.

In addition to this thread we have emailed the following groups to alert them to this poll and ask them to ask their members to vote in it: Brighton & Hove Albion Supporters' Club, Brighton & Hove Albion Collectors' and Historians' Society, Mid Sussex Seagulls, BHA Blues Away, North West Sussex Seagulls, The A-21 Club, Seagulls Over London, BHAlba Scottish Seagulls, Milton Keynes Seagulls, Seagulls Downunder, Seagulls Over Burwash, North Stand Kollective.

We have also contacted TSLR and WeAreBrighton asking for their support to promote this vote amongst their readers/followers.

The banner will be appropriately 15.3 metres by 1.8 metres. It will be printed by AM-PM design and will be hung semi permanently. We envisage it will only be taken down for stadium maintenance, cleaning etc. During such times it would be stored securely in the north stand.

4 designs have been produced all incorporating the ‘Stand or Fall’ words from Sussex by the Sea.

This poll will stay open for the next two weeks. Following the closure of this poll another thread will be posted about how you can make a donation towards the banner.

:albion2:

Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Great work, will be brilliant having a banner there.

Like all the designs so going to wait a while before casting my vote. Number 4 was my immediate favourite though

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
First one I reckon, I like the stripes on the sides.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Number 4.

It needs the small font 'Sussex by the Sea" line, to put the important bit into context. Obviously WE understand the significance of the quote, but with the extra line, it makes sense to all.

Great work, btw.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Number 4.

It needs the small font 'Sussex by the Sea" line, to pt the important bit into context. Obviously WE understand the significance of the quote, but with the extra line, it makes sense to all.

Great work, btw.

I agreed but from any sort of distance, such as from the away end, that bit will not be legible on a 1.8m high banner.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Number 4.

It needs the small font 'Sussex by the Sea" line, to put the important bit into context. Obviously WE understand the significance of the quote, but with the extra line, it makes sense to all.

Great work, btw.

agree with this

Great work btw - this will look awesome

I REALLY wish we'd incorporate Stand or Fall into our singing of the song. But I know that's fixtures.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agreed but from any sort of distance, such as from the away end, that bit will not be legible on a 1.8m high banner.

Pfft. I guess. You could read it if the TV cameras ZOOOOOOOM in though...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely superb. Voted for number 4, hopefully this will usher those words back into the sung version of the song at the ground too.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I agree with this, also I noticed, at a glance, it does kind of look a bit like "STAND OR FAIL". Any possibility of a bit of jiggery with the font?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Number 2 is the best.

Number 4.

Great work, btw.

as I've stated on previous posts I don't like the JCL tag etc etc, however yes WE understand the relevence but if anyone doesn't it's down to them to find out, the banner designers/organisers are under NO obligation to spell it out.

I like the 2 with the Seagull on BTW, great work

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can't wait to see this hanging behind me! Great work!

Personally I voted for STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea) as I think it'll look better for longer. The seagulls can date it a bit.

Amazing work!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Suprised Number 4 so far ahead, don't really see the point of having Seagulls on it. I like 1 or 3 but voted for 1. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and it's an amazing piece of work as I told the creators a week or so back.

NSC will happily underwrite the cost of production, should there be any shortfall in donations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here