Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Steps Up To The Coach Park

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
just about to say the same.
Me too. The timing of the bus back home works perfectly to applaud the players and let the crowds die down.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone else feel that just the one set of steps is inadequate? The fact that home fans have to mingle with the away fans to get up the one set of steps is not ideal and IMO could be catastrophic in the event that the away fans kick off in sufficient numbers. We saw a bit of this after the Leeds game but if we are Prem bound I envisage much greater problems. Would it not be possible to put in another set of steps nearer to the WSU so that the steps outside the away fans end could be used more exclusively for the away fans?

Suggest it to Barber. Don't expect to get a fair response on here!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is a hugely pressing matter that needs to be addressed by the club. If i go to a game again and have to wait for a coach or bus afterwards, especially due to the fact there are not enough stairs I will rip my season ticket up and post it to Barber with my letter of complaint.

And speaking of which, why are season tickets so hard to rip up? Tried it recently? It's like trying to rip up your credit card. Best I could manage was a barely-noticeable BEND. Barber OUT! :angry:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
And speaking of which, why are season tickets so hard to rip up? Tried it recently? It's like trying to rip up your credit card. Best I could manage was a barely-noticeable BEND. Barber OUT! :angry:

Why have the club not provided us all with a free pair of scissors with our tickets? Barber OUT.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
hqdefault.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would say coach use has increased massively in recent months, especially for evening games, due to zero confidence in getting home by train so maybe this is actually a new thing.

Maybe somebody who has used coach travel for home matches before the train issues could comment in whether this increase is noticable

To be perfectly honest, having travelled to and from the Amex by coach since the stadium opened, I haven't noticed any appreciable difference over the years.

The bottleneck at the bottom of the steps post game has always been there, but it usually clears pretty quickly. If there is a need to change anything, I would say perhaps another lift may be necessary in the future, with more elderly and infirm fans travelling by coach.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Away fans walk all around the ground and even join us in the north stand concourse after the games. If it is a game with renowned fans (Leeds etc) the police segregate and manage physically. Worked so far

Anyone else feel that just the one set of steps is inadequate? The fact that home fans have to mingle with the away fans to get up the one set of steps is not ideal and IMO could be catastrophic in the event that the away fans kick off in sufficient numbers. We saw a bit of this after the Leeds game but if we are Prem bound I envisage much greater problems. Would it not be possible to put in another set of steps nearer to the WSU so that the steps outside the away fans end could be used more exclusively for the away fans?

If you really feel that sharing a set of steps with footballs fans who happen to cheers for players who play in a different colour shirt is a recipe for a Catastrophe then maybe football isn't for you?

There have been many sad football catastrophes over the years. I'm confident a bit of handbags and verbal on some steps by the coach park at the Amex will thankfully never be described as one of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here