Spurs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I know everyone just loves talking about Spurs on here but I was just wondering if you lot reckon they will do well this season. Modric is a shrew signing and Bentley is a good enough signing though I don't think he'll set the world on fire. I can't help but think, though, that losing Keane is going to f*** em up a bit and signing Arshavin will be a mistake in my eyes. An unsettled Berbatov won't be any use either. I really hope they don't do well because there is nothing more annoying than a smug Spurs fan.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I hate Spurs and hope they fail always but cant help but think they have signed some class midfielders, which is where I think they have been weak in past years.

Their defence and Keeper look good too.

Berbatov wont start the season there, but I think Darren Bent may actually score a few this season so I think their success depends on who they get in to support him.

I know everyone just loves talking about Spurs on here but I was just wondering if you lot reckon they will do well this season. Modric is a shrew signing and Bentley is a good enough signing though I don't think he'll set the world on fire. I can't help but think, though, that losing Keane is going to f*** em up a bit and signing Arshavin will be a mistake in my eyes. An unsettled Berbatov won't be any use either. I really hope they don't do well because there is nothing more annoying than a smug Spurs fan.

It all depends on if they keep Berbatov. If they do, I think they'll do well; with Modric, Giovanni and Bentley playing off him they will have quite a lot of creative firepower. The doubts remain about their defence though. If all fit they look pretty solid, but if Woodgate and/or King are out for long periods the defence will struggle. I think they will probably be fighting it out for 5th/6th/7th, probably with Villa and Everton.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think they'll do well, although in that Spurs way of beating the good teams and losing to the rubbish ones.

I actually kinda hope berbatov leaves as they can then settle down to being a 'team' and not being a bunch of individual wannabe superstars.

I admit I like them and they are the team I follow in the Prem.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Smug Spurs Fan;)

Nah, we should do alright this season, the last 2 results have put abit on confidence inside me ( Norwich 1-5 Spurs, Orient 1-5) , i know theyre against lower league oppositons but the football was gawj lol.

I'll take 5th again, i think we should get an automatic bye through to the final of the Carling Cup, as we're holders. :)

This time 2 days ago, i was thinking that we was just going to sell and not buy, and end up playing BHA in the championship next season, but now weve signed, Bentley and are ' on the verge' of signing pavlechunko, it seems ramos has actually realized its 2 weeks till the season.:rant:

Celtic and Dortmund will be a good test for the lads.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
midfield looks good with dos santos , bentley and modric.

Up front if berbatov goes looks bit dodge. Love it if they get Arshavin and this other Russian....would predict top 6 if they did

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm glad Liverpool haven't bought Barry, they're not so good that 4th place is out of the question for Spurs.

To keep some level of my interest in the Prem someone needs to boot one of the Top 4 into 5th and out of the Champions League.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I've got a friend whos a tottenham fan, he slags off brighton all the time to cover up when tottenham are doing badly. So due to that i hope they get relegated :clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So a good, balanced view from you, then?...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I've got a friend whos a tottenham fan, he slags off brighton all the time to cover up when tottenham are doing badly. So due to that i hope they get relegated :clap:

Not Guilty;)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
We've just signed Stephen Bywater for 250k:annoyed:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I think they will do really well this year with a great core of players.
King, Dawson and Woodgate at centreback
the midfield that has been mentioned plus Lennon and Zakora already there.
Berba up front with arse shaving should be a damn fine squad

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I'm interested to see where Bentley's going to play? wide right? where'll Lennon play then, or in the centre? could be the new Hoddle if so!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
can see Spurs going for the 5th spot at the expense of Arsenal. Just think out of the top four Arsenal are the weakest at the moment. seems to be unrest in the players,

cant remember the last arsenal fan i met who wasnt an arrogant (unt and didnt remind me of how long their unbeaten run was.. ffs it was years ago now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports