Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I f***ing hope your right.

i am, always. wouldn't be surprised to see him leave and play at a lower standard in january or next summer.. he is just one of those english players who looks exciting but never fulfils his potential....................................like jake robinson :dunce:

1066gull

can see Spurs going for the 5th spot at the expense of Arsenal. Just think out of the top four Arsenal are the weakest at the moment. seems to be unrest in the players,

cant remember the last arsenal fan i met who wasnt an arrogant (unt and didnt remind me of how long their unbeaten run was.. ffs it was years ago now
we thought that this time last season, everyone expected spurs to make big things and look what happened!

dont rule out wenger

Dandyman

In London village.
hmmm...how WILL the only London club to win silverware last season do in the coming season? Dunno, probably underperform as per normal but still be massively more interesting than the Woolwich, Chelski or any of the non-runners.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
hmmm...how WILL the only London club to win silverware last season do in the coming season? Dunno, probably underperform as per normal but still be massively more interesting than the Woolwich, Chelski or any of the non-runners.

Maybe;);)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

As a complete neutral, I'd much rather watch the sheer football poetry at the Emirates over any other Premiershite side.

Agree about Chelski though. A quick question Dandyman. You support Spurs, Brighton AND England.

Are you a glutton for punishment or what?

Dandyman

In London village.
As a complete neutral, I'd much rather watch the sheer football poetry at the Emirates over any other Premiershite side.

Agree about Chelski though. A quick question Dandyman. You support Spurs, Brighton AND England.

Are you a glutton for punishment or what?

:D wait until Morris manages to get some of us over to Belgium to support our new adopted team.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Getting rid of Keane was a massive mistake by them i think. With him they would have had a pretty good chance for top 8 or so i reckon

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
my friend at school was a spurs fan i used to take the piss outta her when they lost and she did it when brighton lost as wel lol

i dunno how spurs will do as we dunno who they gonna sign next do we

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I know everyone just loves talking about Spurs on here but I was just wondering if you lot reckon they will do well this season. Modric is a shrew signing and Bentley is a good enough signing though I don't think he'll set the world on fire. I can't help but think, though, that losing Keane is going to f*** em up a bit and signing Arshavin will be a mistake in my eyes. An unsettled Berbatov won't be any use either. I really hope they don't do well because there is nothing more annoying than a smug Spurs fan.
Modric is a shrew signing, i think they should have gone for a vole or a water rat

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Arshavin is apparently a pain in the arse so with ego man Bentley (massively overrated) that would be interesting. Like someone else said I think Bent might do alright this year. If they can keep their defenders fit a back line of Hutton, Woodgate, King and Bale with Dawson and Huddlestone as back up is pretty tasty. I have this sneaky feeling Berbs won't go, however I will probably be proved wrong. Modric is class, Dos Santos I hold judgment on his abilty to adapt to the Prem and as I said Bentley is massively overrated so not sure what to think of their midfield.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I thought Keane would be missed, but they have bought i 2 players similar to him in Modric and Dos Santos, so it may not be so bad, Arseshaving is also a similar type of player to keane, but much better.

I like the way Bentley is now suddenly a Spurs fan from childhood, as dream move blah blah

Whoever Tottenham sign, Arsenal will still be the best team to watch in the Premiership, when they are flowing going forward there isnt a better team to watch on this planet

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I think Robbie Keane was over-rated, but there's no doubt he did contribute to Spurs, so they will miss him. If Berbatov stays, his heart will not be in it, which isn't a lot of use. Darren Bent is scoring a lot of goals in pre-season (7 in his last 2 games?), admittedly against teams like Orient, but still promising. Modric and Dos Santos are brilliant signings and will bolster the midfield significantly, also adding the class required to get nearer the top 4. Bentley is another over-rated Premiership player in my opinion, but he'll probably do ok for them. The new goalie has to do well for the money they paid for him, but I suppose they're glad to get rid of Robinson. Having sold Chimbonda and probably Kaboul, they might have to shore up the defence a bit as well.

Overall, I think Spurs are looking at top 7 this season. They're not yet good enough to mount a significant challenge to the top 4 or the Evertons/Aston Villas of this world.

Oct 25, 2003
i was looking at all the transfers earlier, and what has suprised me is that everton are yet to sign ANYONE......unless they buck their ideas up i can see them struggling

spurs will do well, can see them easily finishing in that 5th-8th bracket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here