Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs v Gus Poyet Sunderland (hit the ceiling in 20th spot)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
That was a shockingly bad performance.

What'll make it even more empty for Gus, Tanno, Charlie and Liam is that they'll feel like strangers in a strange land.They're not exactly doing it as part of a team and unit they have built.

Can't feel particularly sympathetic towards any of them.

Well of course they may feel like they are in a strange land, but the language is quite similar to English... Oh alright it's a bit like English then. :whistle:

Yoda

English & European
I guess if nothing else it just shows how far BHA are from being a competent Premier League team. Most games for the past two and a bit seasons Bridcutt was our best player.

The only real difference is that our team ended up being built around Bridcutt. He looks like a square peg in a round hole at the minute.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Sunderland Fella on Talksport saying Poyet has been trying to play Brazilian football with the wrong players-----Poyet says he will walk-----get rid haha

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
It really will be should be a great game, I really cant see him been fired, Sunderland are already getting ready to go down by using the remaining funds received this year to repay debt, hopefully we can be on TV a few times to bolster those funds

You'll be lucky. Dirty Leeds have got that gig well and truly bagged! :flypig:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
hy3yma6e.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Have to say I had my doubts that Liam was any better than a very good Championship player in a Poyet team. I think we mugged Sunderland if we got close to 4 million for him.

Think that was shown this season, OG wanted more out of him as a midfielder and he never reached the heights of last season, I'm a little surprised though it hasn't worked out for him under Gus at Sunderland though, then again he's gone in the Jan window and thrust into a relegation battle.

Always going to be tough for him.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
This from their board rung a bell:

It might not get us anything but I'd like to at least see him get his arse off his seat once in a while and try to encourage the lads. He just sits there in a huff along with Tarrico who does **** all but laugh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sunderland Fella on Talksport saying Poyet has been trying to play Brazilian football with the wrong players-----Poyet says he will walk-----get rid haha

Will never walk, as too greedy. Instead Poyet will hold out until sacked.

Has learned his mouthy lesson and isn't rattling on about other better jobs/budget limitations and other grumbles this time, so that he can't be sacked for gross misconduct giving no compensation.

Aside from the money, this is massive blow to his colossal ego ... with his media mates, he is portrayed as a progressive young manager of the same ilk as Martinez and Rodgers.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This from their board rung a bell:

It might not get us anything but I'd like to at least see him get his arse off his seat once in a while and try to encourage the lads. He just sits there in a huff along with Tarrico who does **** all but laugh.

Makes me laugh watching Gus disappear into his snood,

Tarrico wearing seven layers of clothing freezing his bollocks off wishing he was somewhere else,

and that clown Oatway coaching five divisions too high. :lolol:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Have to say I had my doubts that Liam was any better than a very good Championship player in a Poyet team. I think we mugged Sunderland if we got close to 4 million for him.

This is just about spot on. Despite how we might have felt at the time it's turned out to be good business for us.
We (including me) accused Liam of not trying when he finally got himself fit to play here. But perhaps, like several players in the past he might never get back to his pre injury form. The odd snippets I've seen of him oop north he's looked like a little boy lost. Anyway we'll probably get an opportunity to re access him next season, unless of course he follows Gus....to the Ryman League :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here