Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs v Gus Poyet Sunderland (hit the ceiling in 20th spot)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I wonder whether we've dodged a bullet in terms of some of these players Gus brought in like Vergini, Scocco, Ustari. Had he scouted them whilst at the Albion? They're all shite.

I expect Burke will get the blame for that.He probably spotted them and they were on his list which Gus took with him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh well Bridcutt's at least going to be getting a good screw in the Championship next season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Next 3 games for Gus are Everton, Citeh and Chelsea. Wooden spoon beckons.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now that's a real binfest!!

Have to say I had my doubts that Liam was any better than a very good Championship player in a Poyet team. I think we mugged Sunderland if we got close to 4 million for him.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Have to say I had my doubts that Liam was any better than a very good Championship player in a Poyet team. I think we mugged Sunderland if we got close to 4 million for him.

It'll be nothing like 4m without the addons I expect. It'll be better for us financially if Sunderland stay up.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That was a shockingly bad performance.

What'll make it even more empty for Gus, Tanno, Charlie and Liam is that they'll feel like strangers in a strange land. They're not exactly doing it as part of a team and unit they have built.

Can't feel particularly sympathetic towards any of them.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
That's Sunderland down. Their 3 away games left are Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd. Also have Everton at home. No chance.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I guess if nothing else it just shows how far BHA are from being a competent Premier League team. Most games for the past two and a bit seasons Bridcutt was our best player.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Oh well Bridcutt's at least going to be getting a good screw in the Championship next season.

He gets an estimated 40% reduction on his salary if they are relegated, so hardly any better off than if he'd stayed. Plus he'll have a relegation on his CV. I feel sorry for him ....... ....... snigger :wink:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Gus has basically just said that the squad he has are not up to it...nice motivation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here