Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs disgrace

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh great-Spurs get pissed off mid-week just before our visit in the only competition they have even a remote chance of winning.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Shocking decision.

For those that didn't see - and it rolled a bit further over the line than this.

scum.jpg

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just back from the pub.

Feel SICK for Spurs.

Unbelivable.

Mendes shot from the half way line! Carroll spilt in. 100% over the line. Not even a debate.

The shot was so far out though the linesman would never have got back to see if it went over.

You get a better view from the stands/camera view. When your pitch side it was probably hard to tell.

Video Replays have to be brought in. That was shocking. Unlucky Spurs. They played so well.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I am f***ing sick.

The whole pub lit up in ecstatic cheers on watching the goal, the new Beckham classic shot, only to watch play continue.

It is an absolute disgrace that a premiership referee team could throw a game so obviously.

If they are not all sacked then there really is something very very wrong going on at the FA. I demand a full investigation.

I'm choking on my own rage here, this honestly feels like the 'Hand of god' all over again, and I'm not even a Spurs fan!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No it wasnt hard for the lino to see to be honest.

he should have been level with the last man utd defender who at the time before the shot was half way in there half - the ball was then in the air for about 4 seconds after pedro shot which gave him plenty of time to get back level with it

tonytw

Jun 1, 2004
A long way away
my son was at the game, i spoke to him at full time on the phone, even the man u supporters just could not believe that decision !! its nothing more than a joke !!! and where is the fourth ref ???

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I've never been sure before now but this match confirms we need video replays in football. There is too much at stake these days to let human error in when it comes to vital decision making.

And Man U may be able to bung a ref or two but a whole FA appointed video replay decision team?

You'd hope they'd stay impartial

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Referees who make bad mistakes should be suspended for a few games.
The problem is the FA's attitude that the ref's decision is always final even when it is a pile of cobblers. I accept that a ref can make an honest wrong judgement but some of these refs do it over and over again.

There are good refs and bad refs.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Roger Mellie said:
wow - how did you beat sky to the still?

Ah, schmucks they are far too slow!

Seriously though, the computer is connected to the sky box and just took a screenshot.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Completely agree. Although I sympathise with referees who get slated for minor mistakes, they should be punished accordingly when their errors are so fundamentally grave and costly. Doubt the FA will do a thing though, too busy fining skint clubs for minor skirmishes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here