Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs disgrace

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
You think it looks bad from those pictures?? No picture has yet shown how far in it was when carroll actually got to it - it was almost at the back of the net. Truly shocking incompetence that must be acted upon..

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This will rage on for days. The new FA chief exec is known to favour tv replays with his background and this will add strength to his arguement.

Martin Jol took it very very well. I wonder how he will feel after watching the replays again and again.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
It was just on MOTD, might be still on now but switched off to watch a DVD.

Saw it live on tv and it was definatly a goal at first glance.

This was probably the first time I shoute so loud and uch at a tv for someone who wasn't Brighton, England or Newcastle.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I just hope that Linesman is very, very embarassed after seeing that - he had time to get near enough to see a ball being three clear yards over the line, and he made a dreadful call.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TV replays in a no no.

Some form of an electronic eye on the goal line with a sensor conected to the 4th official must be the answer.

The referee can then confirm - they have "cyclops" in tennis so the technology is there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
kinkygerbil said:
To be honest you would hope you wouldnt need a "cyclops" for that

I agree but if the officials are that incompetent then it is a must.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I could only happen at Old Trafford!!!!! Although this time there is a difference. Firstly Fergie is actually saying that it should have counted! :ohmy: Then the debatable point..... I'm not sure you can blame the lino TOTALLY, I mean he was in line with the last defender - you cant account for the kind of shot Mendes had, i.e. inside his own half and not really even facing the goal. Also without seeing the "goal" from the linos perspective you cant tell whether Carroll was in his line of sight.

Now dont get me wrong I'd lay money on the fact that I hate the Mancs as much as anyone else on here but this just goes to show that Video Replays are now a MUST.

This decision (or lack of one) could effect more than one team. For starters it will effect us on Saturday now, i.e. Spurs are going to be really pissed off and want to give someone a hiding whereas if they had won maybe they might have been slightly lapsidaisical. And secondly, as stated before those 2 points could mean a hell of alot come the end of the season ( they would have overtaken Middlesboro with those points tonight)
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can't make decisions post match - it must happen there and then

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
chez said:
With the help of a video replay.

But the danger with video replays is the game then becomes totally fragmented like American Football.

If you introduce Video Replays you then have more adverts etc........

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Beach Hut said:
You can't make decisions post match - it must happen there and then

Wayne Rooney was given a three match ban after the game when TV evidence was studied, the same should happen for incidents like this - an absolute disgrace

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dawsey said:
Wayne Rooney was given a three match ban after the game when TV evidence was studied, the same should happen for incidents like this - an absolute disgrace

OK fair comment - I'll quantify that by meaning goals in games and decisions post match.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
howard.jpg

I blame the groundsman at Old Trafford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here