Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - What exactly does he do?!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Spanish Dave can pull off an inch perfect pass and he can pop up with a cracking goal. Trouble is, at the moment he is mr inconsistent. He's not a luxury player for me, even though he does frustrate me when he fails to get the ball over the first player. I think his movement and composure are great, he's just not firing on all cylinders yet.

He is still, Spanish Dave. Spanish Bloody Dave!

I'm still loving Dave's work. It's been tougher for him this year, but he still has a lot of class. Seems to have settled into a much better run of form recently though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Must be a different Bridcutt. Liam's scored a couple of BELTERS for us, and his passing is excellent (though maybe not particularly creative)

A couple is right, he has scored 2 goals for us (plus one in a penalty shoot out).

Belter is also right

v Carlisle

Can't find video of his goal v Dagenham and Redbridge

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought Dave put in a good innings on Saturday. His length and weight of pass is improving again and i don't remember him losing the ball much. He wasn't devastating, but i can see him with his energy levels sometimes being in that central attacking midfield role that the injury to Crofts has ridden us of. He's not a get stuck in perpetual botherer who i imagine players can hear breathing down their necks like Crofts but i can see his mobility and his improved form and his goalscoring ability making him a reasonable possible for that role, whilst sly Orlandi is one wide midfielder and either Buckley or Lua Lua terrorise on the other.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I thought Dave put in a good innings on Saturday. His length and weight of pass is improving again and i don't remember him losing the ball much. He wasn't devastating, but i can see him with his energy levels sometimes being in that central attacking midfield role that the injury to Crofts has ridden us of. He's not a get stuck in perpetual botherer who i imagine players can hear breathing down their necks like Crofts but i can see his mobility and his improved form and his goalscoring ability making him a reasonable possible for that role, whilst sly Orlandi is one wide midfielder and either Buckley or Lua Lua terrorise on the other.

Not sure myself what our best team is, but all have a part to play, and it is about a mixture. Dave adds a touch of quality, but we will need a relentless replacement with a fighting spirit and the ability to put the foot in when it matters to make up for what we have lost with Crofts injury

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Not sure myself what our best team is, but all have a part to play, and it is about a mixture. Dave adds a touch of quality, but we will need a relentless replacement with a fighting spirit and the ability to put the foot in when it matters to make up for what we have lost with Crofts injury

Calderon maybe?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Are you a Liverpool supporter? I can't recall him scoring at all other than at Anfield, in our own goal.

there was the classic goal in the final season of Withdean which won us the game. I got a great view of that one from D block in the South Stand. I think the point you may be trying to make is that he doesn't score many.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
there was the classic goal in the final season of Withdean which won us the game. I got a great view of that one from D block in the South Stand. I think the point you may be trying to make is that he doesn't score many.

In the Dagenham that got us promoted he scored a blinding goal

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Also Lopez isn't a great tackler but last season and on Saturday he did put in some decent challenges and a good defensive shift. He's probably a better defender than Bruno

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Are you a Liverpool supporter? I can't recall him scoring at all other than at Anfield, in our own goal.

Is that becauseyou only started watching the team in 2012?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I dont thick that many can argue with this point

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Ah thats right, you were standing next to me in the North stand when Kit Napier bundled ball over the line when we played Aston Villa, in 72 -73! What a plum you are!

Your long term memory seems ok.

Short term memory shot or macular degeneration?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Spanish Dave put in the type of cross that Man City scored their first goal. Alas, with forwards like Barnes they are no good at getting on the end of the crosses. Good job we have got Ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here