Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - What exactly does he do?!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So he is the new Ashley Barnes then

The guy behind me who usually is on Barnes's case from the first minute has always had an eye for Lopez, too. Today we got "Slowpez" from the opening minute. He didn't even give him a chance.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I thought he was poor up until the goal. There was a reason March was about to come on

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
my lord, what a finish!

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I thought he was poor up until the goal. There was a reason March was about to come on

Spot on, he was going to be replaced by March but his goal kept him on the pitch. Classic luxury player, can do a couple of amazing things each came but totally anonymous for rest of game and worst of all he is a coward, ducks out of every challenge. Has to be the most hopeless tackler we have had in years. Was a cracking goal though!

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
The guy behind me who usually is on Barnes's case from the first minute has always had an eye for Lopez, too. Today we got "Slowpez" from the opening minute. He didn't even give him a chance.

I can imagine him sitting at home the night before writing down witty insults to use at the game.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Spot on, he was going to be replaced by March but his goal kept him on the pitch. Classic luxury player, can do a couple of amazing things each came but totally anonymous for rest of game and worst of all he is a coward, ducks out of every challenge. Has to be the most hopeless tackler we have had in years. Was a cracking goal though!

That's right dave is a hopeless tackler in the same way that Bridcutt is a hopeless distributor of the ball and goalscorer. He 's there for a reason and its not his tackling prowess.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Bridcutt a hopeless distributor of the ball?? The bloke is a phenomenal passer, he makes pinging inch perfect 40 yard balls to the wing look easy.

Indeed. If Bridcutt was a hopeless distributor of the ball we'd be happy to sell him to Gus for 2 million and laugh. Being a good distributor of the ball is 50% of his game.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Indeed. If Bridcutt was a hopeless distributor of the ball we'd be happy to sell him to Gus for 2 million and laugh. Being a good distributor of the ball is 50% of his game.

Is there another player called Bridcutt, because the guy I see hasn't scored a goal for this club and can't make a telling pass over 10 m. Sorry, but Bridcutt is not a great distributor of the ball, thats just not his game if he was as you say then we would be talking 5m for him.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Spanish Dave can pull off an inch perfect pass and he can pop up with a cracking goal. Trouble is, at the moment he is mr inconsistent. He's not a luxury player for me, even though he does frustrate me when he fails to get the ball over the first player. I think his movement and composure are great, he's just not firing on all cylinders yet.

He is still, Spanish Dave. Spanish Bloody Dave!

Stumpy Tim

Is there another player called Bridcutt, because the guy I see hasn't scored a goal for this club and can't make a telling pass over 10 m. Sorry, but Bridcutt is not a great distributor of the ball, thats just not his game if he was as you say then we would be talking 5m for him.

Must be a different Bridcutt. Liam's scored a couple of BELTERS for us, and his passing is excellent (though maybe not particularly creative)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here