Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
And these ****s are supposed to be the Albion's Travel PARTNERS? ??? Time to kick that relationship right into touch and divert travel partnership funding to companies that deserve it.

Totally, and a company that blames it's inability on providing their contracted service on an overtime ban by members of staff might like to consider actually employing enough people in the first place rather than permanently relying on people working overtime.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Totally, and a company that blames it's inability on providing their contracted service on an overtime ban by members of staff might like to consider actually employing enough people in the first place rather than permanently relying on people working overtime.
Precisely this.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Just watching Chris tarrants extreme railway journeys (I know!) and an Argentinian was extolling the virtues of when the British ran the railways and how it went downhill when the locals took over , what went wrong here :lolol:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Plenty of large businesses have at least some reliance on overtime, I don't find that in itself a huge surprise.

But to have so much reliance that they have to shut down whole sections of the service does indicate to me they aren't anywhere close to optimum staffing levels.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We now subsidise the Dutch, Germans, Americans, French etc... to run it for us.

Patriotism in action.
sadly so very true , a ridiculous state of affairs , even the Americans realise that you have to subsidise the railways for a decent service , sadly our subsidies end up being paid out as dividends to shareholders .

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Won't be able to read through the whole thread, but does anyone know if the guards won't be able to strike once their new contracts kick in?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Plenty of large businesses have at least some reliance on overtime, I don't find that in itself a huge surprise.

But to have so much reliance that they have to shut down whole sections of the service does indicate to me they aren't anywhere close to optimum staffing levels.

Its morelike they don't want to be near optimum staffing levels

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its morelike they don't want to be near optimum staffing levels

For sure, they'd rather be shovelling any profits in the direction of their little piggy shareholders. Fair play, they've taken DfT for the mugs that they are. Running trains and providing a service and employing staff is WAY down their list of priorities. Total ****s

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Won't be able to read through the whole thread, but does anyone know if the guards won't be able to strike once their new contracts kick in?

my understanding is they would not be able to strike on this matter once on the new contract.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If you were on the train at 1800 time at Eastbourne, when the guard, kindly ahead of Twitter, did announce word to the affect of 'Southern are sorry to announce that tonight's game involving Brighton & Hove Albion..................'

A good guard.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Can someone help please, due to Southern strikes tonight can't get the train from Worthing to Brighton...My Understanding is though that Stagecoach 700 and N700 are both running normal late service? So I can get bus from Worthing to Brighton at 9:55pm or 10:15pm?

That's my understanding from Stagecoach website, wondered if anyone ITK can confirm..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Southern need to be stripped of the Coastway East and West lines as a minimum and made to hand them over to somebody who is incentivised to provide a good service and be paid on performance like any normal company. At least on the Brighton-London mainline, there's the option of Thameslink and sometimes even Gatwick Express. I know they're all the same BS company in the end, but at least they do seem to be partially ring-fenced from each other.

Would make sense. Bit like the Chiltern line or whatever with its 98% punctuality pootling along. Same for East and West Sussex to Stains and Hastings amd stations in the area.

Not a bad idea. Then leave the main Btn, Lewes, LA, Eastbourne and Bognor to London to SASTA.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is DOO already in place on Victoria to Littlehampton service? We had a second member of train crew yet left 20mins late due to camera fault, and then cancelled when the new driver got on due to presumably same camera fault and ran fast to Littlehampton.

I didn't realise this route was DOO, but also thought if there was a fault second crew member could assist? Or are we the passengers being taken the piss out of by unhappy staff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here