Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So, what's the deal with trains between Xmas and New Year?

I see there are no direct services from Worthing to London Bridge (via Hove) in the mornings... is this normal, or is it as a result of some sort of industrial action?

During the conductor strikes, there are no direct trains to London. The first train to Brighton is about 7.30 I think, and last one back about 5pm in the evening.

On the normal working days, with just the ASLEF overtime strike the service is not actually too bad - if it runs. They run fast Worthing-Shoreham-Hove-Burgess Hill-Haywards Heath-East Croydon-Clapham J-Victoria. 2 an hour, takes 1h15min. Brighton trains seem to be very 15-20mins and again worked absolutely fine for the game yesterday.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
During the conductor strikes, there are no direct trains to London. The first train to Brighton is about 7.30 I think, and last one back about 5pm in the evening.

On the normal working days, with just the ASLEF overtime strike the service is not actually too bad - if it runs. They run fast Worthing-Shoreham-Hove-Burgess Hill-Haywards Heath-East Croydon-Clapham J-Victoria. 2 an hour, takes 1h15min. Brighton trains seem to be very 15-20mins and again worked absolutely fine for the game yesterday.

But is this revised timetable down to the industrial action, or just the normal reduced service at this time of year?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But is this revised timetable down to the industrial action, or just the normal reduced service at this time of year?

It is in response to the drivers not working over time

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is in response to the drivers not working over time

so, does that mean that people working this week can claim delay repay? I've had the same on normal days, with no services out of London Bridge home. Is that a revised timetable, but a time table all the same, so no delay repay is claimable?

If the 17:40 service from LB to Littlehampton isn't on the timetable, can I claim delay repay on it?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
so, does that mean that people working this week can claim delay repay? I've had the same on normal days, with no services out of London Bridge home. Is that a revised timetable, but a time table all the same, so no delay repay is claimable?

If the 17:40 service from LB to Littlehampton isn't on the timetable, can I claim delay repay on it?

To be honest I'd be claiming them, but unsure officially. Don't see why not. They say themselves they are only loading up timetables at 2pm the day before so can't see why if trains that are removed with less than 24 hours notice you can't claim

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
During the conductor strikes, there are no direct trains to London.

I guess I'm reading it wrong but National Rail site show them as running but with warnings of disruption. Southern site seems to be saying broadly the same

Can you point me to what you're seeing?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Has anyone got any advance information regarding the trains for the football on Friday night?

I had a nice sit down on the train to the game from Newhaven on Tuesday, hoping for more of the same.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Has anyone got any advance information regarding the trains for the football on Friday night?

I had a nice sit down on the train to the game from Newhaven on Tuesday, hoping for more of the same.

This from their website just now
Thursday 29th December and Friday 30th December
A revised Saturday service will be in operation on Southern and Gatwick Express routes.
There will be a reduced service between Brighton and Lewes and between Brighton and West Worthing.
No Southern trains will operate between Ashford International and Hastings or between Seaford and Lewes, these routes will be served by replacement bus.
There will be no Southern services on the West London route via Kensington Olympia.
New Year Travel Advice

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A revised Saturday service will be in operation on Southern and Gatwick Express routes.
There will be a reduced service between Brighton and Lewes and between Brighton and West Worthing.
No Southern trains will operate between Ashford International and Hastings or between Seaford and Lewes, these routes will be served by replacement bus.
There will be no Southern services on the West London route via Kensington Olympia.
New Year Travel Advice
Urgh.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
New Year Travel Advice

And these ****s are supposed to be the Albion's Travel PARTNERS? ??? Time to kick that relationship right into touch and divert travel partnership funding to companies that deserve it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's just a shame that Southern have a monopoly on the mainline in this part of the country.

Southern need to be stripped of the Coastway East and West lines as a minimum and made to hand them over to somebody who is incentivised to provide a good service and be paid on performance like any normal company. At least on the Brighton-London mainline, there's the option of Thameslink and sometimes even Gatwick Express. I know they're all the same BS company in the end, but at least they do seem to be partially ring-fenced from each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here