Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I got on a C2C train (national express) this morning into London, they don't have guards on board, what they have is CCTV where the driver stops so he can see the doors, then once the doors have been closed the train waits 30 seconds and rolls off. No need for guards on trains and each station has a person working on the platform to assist with signalling the train away and helping disables people on/off. They'll ask who they assist there they're getting off, call ahead and let the station know. Train worked well, no safety issues there.
I feel sorry for people who are faced with losing jobs and not saying I agree with the way this has been handled, but technology and automation has done this to many people already and it's only going to get more common.
No doubt I'll be called an IDIOT or STUPID. But just adding a view. No jobs for life anymore.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This pathetic strike action has turned my 12 min £4 train journey into an 1hr 40min bus journey costing £8.50.

The drivers and guards may have had the tenuous support of the public up til now but this strike will wipe that out. Utterly selfish, utterly catastrophic to hundreds of thousands of people, utterly pointless. Shameful action by the drivers and guards on this matter. Shameful.

Guards are on the way out. Simple as that.People will lose jobs. Happens in every industry at one time or another. Accept it and stop making the country pay. Go and find another job like other people have to, don't grind the SE to a halt crying about something that is inevitable. Grow up and move on.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This pathetic strike action has turned my 12 min £4 train journey into an 1hr 40min bus journey costing £8.50.

The drivers and guards may have had the tenuous support of the public up til now but this strike will wipe that out. Utterly selfish, utterly catastrophic to hundreds of thousands of people, utterly pointless. Shameful action by the drivers and guards on this matter. Shameful.

Guards are on the way out. Simple as that.People will lose jobs. Happens in every industry at one time or another. Accept it and stop making the country pay. Go and find another job like other people have to, don't grind the SE to a halt crying about something that is inevitable. Grow up and move on.

They DONT have support of the public. They will believe they do but they dont.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I got on a C2C train (national express) this morning into London, they don't have guards on board, what they have is CCTV where the driver stops so he can see the doors, then once the doors have been closed the train waits 30 seconds and rolls off. No need for guards on trains and each station has a person working on the platform to assist with signalling the train away and helping disables people on/off. They'll ask who they assist there they're getting off, call ahead and let the station know. Train worked well, no safety issues there.
I feel sorry for people who are faced with losing jobs and not saying I agree with the way this has been handled, but technology and automation has done this to many people already and it's only going to get more common.
No doubt I'll be called an IDIOT or STUPID. But just adding a view. No jobs for life anymore.

Couple of posters on here (not who you think) still think its the 70s and striking is acceptable...when it affects the ordinary man and woman. Me and you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Couple of posters on here (not who you think) still think its the 70s and striking is acceptable...when it affects the ordinary man and woman. Me and you.

They are literally putting other people out of work. People have had to leave jobs over transport issues. The manager of the i360 left because of the failings of Southern strikers.

Christmasses will be ruined, people don't get to see their families because they are stuck on trains day in day out, people are having nervous breakdowns with worry.

Guards and drivers, selfish ********s.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They are literally putting other people out of work. People have had to leave jobs over transport issues. The manager of the i360 left because of the failings of Southern strikers.

Christmasses will be ruined, people don't get to see their families because they are stuck on trains day in day out, people are having nervous breakdowns with worry.

Guards and drivers, selfish ********s.

The unions are looking after their members nothing more.

Yoda

English & European

No you're not an IDIOT or STUPID at all. The only difference is that SASTA won't pay for any of that station technology or have station staff at EVERY station to assist.

This combined with their wanting to run a train DOO if the OBS is delayed will mean that on a lot of stations, there won't be ANY assistance for the Driver or the Disabled. Which is the only reason I can see for the RMT to still take action.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They DONT have support of the public. They will believe they do but they dont.

you are being STUPID of course they have support from the public. everyone hates SASTA so they support the union in their FIGHT.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
No you're not an IDIOT or STUPID at all. The only difference is that SASTA won't pay for any of that station technology or have station staff at EVERY station to assist.

This combined with their wanting to run a train DOO if the OBS is delayed will mean that on a lot of stations, there won't be ANY assistance for the Driver or the Disabled. Which is the only reason I can see for the RMT to still take action.

I've not used the C2C line at all, but I'd hope the technology they're using is far more advanced than what Southern will be expecting their drivers to use. I've not used the Brighton line for a while, but I expect the tech hasn't been updated recently and even at a big station like Gatwick the cameras and screens the driver is forced to rely on are *not* adequate to ensure safety.

So in that regard, I support the unions - I do see a genuine safety issue that Southern are not addressing before rolling out the changes. On the other hand, I don't agree with the strike tactics. The December strikes are explicitly targeting the commuters, not Southern, and for me that stinks.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Stupid idiot of the day award winner . No clue at all about the dispute.

Second point you make is equally STUPID
When everyone loses their jobs through computers and automaton like Mark Carney said earlier this week what work or jobs will there be ?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Mick Whelan, general secretary of ASLEF, the train drivers' union, has written to the Daily Telegraph today in response to a piece the paper published written by Nick Herbert, Tory MP for Arundel & South Downs.
Mr Herbert seeks to blame everyone for the failings of Southern Railways except those who are really to blame – the management team at the company, known to long-suffering passengers as Southern Failways.
We have done our best to reach a sensible and workable compromise with Southern in the interests of passengers and management) as well as of staff. We have always been happy to talk, and we have always believed it is, or should be, possible to do a deal – just as we did with ScotRail in Scotland –* but it takes two to tango and the company has never been prepared to negotiate with us.
Because the company cares only about profit, and not about passengers. The company knows, as we know,that there are serious problems with the platform/train interface and that DOO,on these lines, is inherently unsafe.
It has been our policy for more than 15 years to try to eradicate driver only operation. DOO is old, not new, technology, designed for four-car 317s on the Bedford to St Pancras line in the early 1980s when it was all about managed decline at the fag end of British Rail. But an increase in the number of passengers we are carrying on the railway every day means there are 1,100 passengers on a 12 car train in peak travelling time and just two seconds to check 24 sets of doors and that’s simply not adequate to deal safely and properly with the travelling public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here