Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail - £1 return to London

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Sorry if the answer is as simple as 'look on the National Rail' website, but where can I find the 18 gib deal for the Carlisle game? Tanks a million...

Nah its not that simple, thats where i got the price couple of weeks back but thats for 1 adult and an u16 (ill just say im u16, ticket guy never checks) from Euston using a f+f railcard. The Brighton to Victoria is about £1 each when i looked earlier so add the tube and all in its costing us about £21 which aint too bad.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Just booked return from portslade to Victoria for £1.75 for Brentford, will do Millwall now:yahoo:

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
thanks very much for putting this up , i think along with a lot of people i wouldnt have known this was happening so you just saved me a lot of cash. Also for other west sussexers, if you book from chichester you get special rates too

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Brentford is about 20 mins by train from Clapham Junction by South West Trains.

People joining at Haywards Heath with these advance tickets - bare in mind that only the 55 minutes past the hour trains from Brighton stop at Haywards Heath and that the 19 and 49 from Brighton are fast from Brighton to East Croydon so you wont be able to join those SPECIFIC trains at Haywards Heath. Likewise the 06 and 36 from Victoria to Brighton dont stop at Haywards Heath until much later into the evening. If you are not on the BOOKED train with the advance purchase ticket you would be liable to an upgrade or as someone else said a penalty fare.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brentford is about 20 mins by train from Clapham Junction by South West Trains.

Between 40 and 52 minutes according to the National Rail website (but that's showing no direct trains, so there are probably engineering works that day).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Between 40 and 52 minutes according to the National Rail website (but that's showing no direct trains, so there are probably engineering works that day).

Engineering work so bus between Barnes and Kew Bridge :down:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Away for Brentford, but got millwall for 90p and the journey to london for Carlisle for 90p too, other half of the journey (Euston to Carlisle) is only £21 too for adult and u16. Bargain!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Oh and just incase people didnt know, no victoria line all day on the saturday of carlisle due to engineering. I know its not for a couple of months, but for those booking tickets bare in mind if going via victoria then onto euston that the tube will take longer than usual.:thumbsup:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Also, whilst this 90% off deal only applied yesterday, Southern have been running a Saver scheme for a while. The journey has to start/finish at Victoria to/from Littlehampton/Brighton only, but depending on the train times, ticket will cost £3 or £5. For Redhill to Worthing, I buy Victoria to Littlehampton and Redhill to Gatwick for £8.10 instead of £13.90. Not as good a saving as yesterday, but still a saving nevertheless

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yeah cheers. :thumbsup:

Done it for the Spurs v Brum, too. Brighton to London Victoria, for 35p, with a YP card. The tube is easily Jibbed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here