Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well done albion.

Painful and nervy in the 2bd half, but that's job done.

A nice relaxing finish to the season now, we can leave the worrying to Bournemouth, Villa, Watford and West Ham.

No chance goal difference will send us down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That became incredibly stressful but who cares now?

Well done lads

WE ARE STAYING UP!!!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
If one of them two wins both their games AND manages to beat our goal difference then they deserve to stay up and we deserve to go down.

Job done as far as I'm concerned.

Newcastle goalfest backlash for some of the recent tonkings they’ve had, plus decent wins for AFCB & Aston Vanilla and we’re as good as down. #Keep the faith

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well a point stolen after that 2nd half..we couldn't string 2 passes together and looked woeful.,we're not very good are we

Southampton the team that has taken 12 points since the restart and only lost once. I mean they’re shit aren’t they, no form at all, we should have crucified them! Ffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Missed the first half . . .poor stream . . . We looked no better than last season in the second half.

Yes a point, and yes We're nearly safe . . . Yes its been better to watch this seaon most of the time, but ****ing hell we need to somehow rid ourselves of some older mentality. Even Bissouma came on and played like he did under Houghton. Painful.

Progress in one hand, same old in the other . . . . Although I still believe the future has more potential with GP.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
So we go away to Southampton who in their last home game beat Man City and grind out a draw and people are moaning about the performance. Our fans are ridiculous.

Southampton are one of the form sides since the restart and we just got the point that almost guarantees survival and still you moan. Pathetic.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Trossard has been playing really well, but was poor tonight. McAllister showing some classy touches bodes well for next season. Worrying how exposed Lamptey looked. Mooy could do with working on his fitness.
As a team, what we are good at, is grinding out results. Potter has developed our passing game without losing that team dynamic.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Who gives a shit, hardly bragging rights finishing 14th and 15th :shrug:

£2.5m per position isn't that insignificant. And given how much more their players are getting, apparently, it's a small victory if we can close the gap further.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
That second half was all about the pressure of the situation for me, desperate for a point, the mental pressures turn their legs to jelly, they did well to hold out.

Barring a crazy set of results, we're safe. I'll take that thanks very much.

Hopefully, Potter will have learned a lot from his first full season as a PL coach and thus improve as a manager at this level

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Adam Webster man of the match for me. Faultless and very brave. Closely followed by Ryan and Dunk. Lamptey, Trossard and Propper shocking

Ozwald

Dec 8, 2019
Our guys look absolutely knackered.
Lamptey looked 2 yards off the pace after sixty mins. Good sub.

I myself was thinking Lamptey looked off the pace and his positioning was not on tonight for the 15 minutes before Ings scored that goal, considering his great past performances. I assume Potter was thinking the same. Potter's only fault tonight in my opinion was that he took Lamptey off 10 minutes too late. Other than that happy!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Did I not enjoy that game or the performance??
I’ll take it though. Well done to all involved once again.
Please can we push on next season to stop shortening my life expectancy [emoji849]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
C70A0651-A25E-45C2-B4C3-B8EE838DA409.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here