Southampton match switched

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Football should be played at 3PM on Saturdays! Grr!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"The police couldn't be arsed"? I doubt it, bank holiday working means double time, ker-ching. Besides, they deal with a hundred thousand for Pride, forty odd thousand for the bike ride and however many more for the likes of Fatboy Slim, so I doubt 800 Saints fans would have anybody in charge cacking it.

Edits: I thought you meant it was originally on Good Friday, looks like it was supposed to be the Saturday instead. In which case no double time, darn it. But it still sounds like the very much the Albion's decision to me: after all, if they could have just blamed the police, why wouldn't they?

I dunno.
Probably because its an arrangement that suits the club AND the police, but certainly not the fans. Otherwise why bother coming out with these utterly LAME reasons for bunging it to a pissing Thursday night ? As if we're all supposed to go "oh yes, what a jolly good idea, I'd much rather watch one of our most high-profile games on a Thursday night than a Saturday afternoon...."

The Football League should have told us to piss off as well.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Oh dear... another one here adding their name to the growing list of disapproval.

There is no way I'll get out of working late the day before Good Friday, so I don't get to see Brighton v Southampton. That's just great Albion, thanks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh dear... another one here adding their name to the growing list of disapproval.

There is no way I'll get out of working late the day before Good Friday, so I don't get to see Brighton v Southampton. That's just great Albion, thanks.

What are you moaning about ? You've got an extra couple of days to prepare for Hartlepool away now, havn't you. The club has TOLD you this already.
See, every cloud !

:jester:

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Aren't Bank Holiday weekend games at seaside towns regarded as a no-no due to potential bovver boy boot a-g a-g-r a-g-r-o aggro - or is that no longer the case?

ACAB

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
What are you moaning about ? You've got an extra couple of days to prepare for Hartlepool away now, havn't you. The club has TOLD you this already.
See, every cloud !

:jester:

In all fairness, I am utterly incapable of starting any form of preparation for an away game until after the previous home game has finished, so fair enough... :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In all fairness, I am utterly incapable of starting any form of preparation for an away game until after the previous home game has finished, so fair enough... :jester:

Blimey, my awayday preparations begin the morning of the match. Usually when I'm still a drunken state as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
lot of people, who will now have to join the bank holiday traffic scrum straight after work, particularly the Saints fans. Good luck with the A27 on THAT night.

Won't just be Saints fans either....

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Bollocks to this. What the f*** are they doing this shit for? One of the best games of the season! If my *hopeful* new job means working thursday nights, i'm going to be f***ing furious. Although, midweek football underlights is my preferance. if saturday football started at 7:45 i would be so happy! no clash with work, under lights and i use the free travel stubs to get to aand from the ground so its happy happy.

f*** THIS WHAT EVER FUCKWIT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS 'AID' TO US.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this is maunday thursday? If so, then we do a concert on Good Friday and a rehearsal on Maundy Thursday, so that is another game I will be missing FFS

This is shite....nice one club!

hartlepool FFS I can really see thousands of fans hauling their arses up the M1!!!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Jesus Christ people, it's not like you haven't got nearly 10 MONTHS to plan for it. Make alternative arrangements, it's not that hard...!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not really bothered that much tbh. I prefer evening games as there's usually a much better atmosphere. Should be a cracker, and Mrs P will be happier as I won't be spending Easter saturday drinking/football/more drinking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports