Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand C Block

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Christ, ive never sat with (in general) such a miserable bunch of people. Having been a STH for the last 6 years in G Block my circumstances have changed this season meaning I can no longer commit to a ST so I have to pick and chose the games I go to. But yeah - I obtained a ticket in C Block for today and was stuck with constant whinging, moaning and negativity from people. I really have not heard such nonsense in such a long time. Well done to the geezer in the red shirt who told that stupid old b*****d to shut up in row h moaning constantly about Forster. SOME people are so fickle and have such short memories its unbelievable.

Having said all that - there are people like that spread out everywhere no doubt. It just spoilt my afternoon at the game! Wouldnt it be nice if we all got behind the team - you never know it may make a difference??

Come on you SEAGULLS!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The guy next to me in C Block was complaining because I was shouting and his ears hurt! Meanwhile he did nothing ... not even applaud when the teams came out. Idiot!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
On the way out a series of whingers from the C Block neck of the woods joined the crowd on the running track and from the grizzling I overheard I wondered whether we'd actually been watching the same game. I only had to suffer them for a moment or two but the idea of sitting amongst them for 90 whole minutes would make me lose the will to live.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
No classic moaning in F block today, although the minor booing off at the end was good.

However, there were a few specials around. "Great kick" and "well jumped" are two phrases I never want to hear 30 times in a football match again.

f block was lacking the usual witty comments that i have come to expect - the nearest thing was somebody shouting "duffy duffy give us a song" to their striker, who witily had the surname duffy

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
The guy next to me in C Block was complaining because I was shouting and his ears hurt! Meanwhile he did nothing ... not even applaud when the teams came out. Idiot!

Unbelievable - I appreciate people have different ways of enjoying a football match but to show no passion whatsoever is a disgrace. I got up to applaud the team back out after half time and got a tap on the back and told to sit down as he couldnt see! Stand up then for christ sake - it wasnt during the game FFS!
The overall Withdean experience as we all know is far from perfect but as an overall fanbase we dont do much to try and enhance it. As with most people on here - give me an awayday anyday with the away support - pure class.:clap2:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Brilliant moment in J today. A poor passage of play was greeted by some abuse for Kerry Mayo, "Mayo you're shit" etc from one spectator. Cue much hilarity all round as it was swiftly pointed out that Kerry was in fact out of harms way in the dug out still.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
Christ, ive never sat with (in general) such a miserable bunch of people. Having been a STH for the last 6 years in G Block my circumstances have changed this season meaning I can no longer commit to a ST so I have to pick and chose the games I go to. But yeah - I obtained a ticket in C Block for today and was stuck with constant whinging, moaning and negativity from people. I really have not heard such nonsense in such a long time. Well done to the geezer in the red shirt who told that stupid old b*****d to shut up in row h moaning constantly about Forster. SOME people are so fickle and have such short memories its unbelievable.

Having said all that - there are people like that spread out everywhere no doubt. It just spoilt my afternoon at the game! Wouldnt it be nice if we all got behind the team - you never know it may make a difference??

Come on you SEAGULLS!

Willingon, I sympathise. As I posted after the Barnet game, I went in the North Stand for the first time, and I was berated for cheering when the Barnet player good sent off. Some people are just determined to take all the fun out of watching the game. Why do these people go, id all they are going to do is moan and be negative. No, it wasn't a good performance , but get behind the team FFS.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
We,ve obviously got new season ticket holders where I am in G block.Christ, I know it was quiet today, but all I heard the whole game, was a couple of new guys behind me discussing the whole family medical history etc etc.. I hope to God all their family are in better health at the next home game. I couldn,t stand it for another 90 minutes......!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I sat in C block today and it did'nt seem that different to any other part of the ground i've sat in, We just seem to have a high number of fans who not only want to moan but want all the other fans to hear they're moans as well. With any luck when Falmer is finaly built it might encourage a whole new brand of fans who know how to enjoy themselves.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I remember sitting in D last year against Cheltenham when like today we were pretty awful, right bunch of moaning old twats they were. I do sympathise with you.

D

Deleted User X18H

I sat in C block today and it did'nt seem that different to any other part of the ground i've sat in, We just seem to have a high number of fans who not only want to moan but want all the other fans to hear they're moans as well. With any luck when Falmer is finaly built it might encourage a whole new brand of fans who know how to enjoy themselves.
You were sitting amongst the elite of Albioin fans

spud-u-like

Jul 13, 2003
Goring
i also sat in the c block today for the first time in six years the place is full of negitive fans couldn't believe it, i normally sit in the family stand with my two boys but was on my own today so i got a ticket in the south stand i won't make that mistake again.Get behind the players.Back to family stand for me better atomsphere.

Jul 5, 2003
Have sat in the same seat in C Block since we moved to Withdean and there is a complete mix of types in there. Today I was in moaning mode, but not at the team as that is not my style. I did, however, stand up on a number of occasions to moan about the ref. He deserved it though because he spent the last 80 minutes or so trying to rectify the fact that he had given us a penalty and we had the temerity to score from it.

Sometimes I stand upwhen we look like we might be about to score down the far end of the ground. Every time I do, though, someone behind me, and to my right, shouts out 'Sit down!'. Usually I ignore it but sometimes I just cannot hold back.

I only sit in the same seat each year as some of those around me are a good laugh. It probably wouldn't be the same without the old moaners as it gives us someone to moan back at when we aren't playing well!! I do, however, think that I am at a different game to those around me. After all, ours was a definite pen, theirs was a joke and we should have had a free kick down the west end when Forster was taken out. I'm sure you all agree, don't you???

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I did, however, stand up on a number of occasions to moan about the ref. He deserved it though because he spent the last 80 minutes or so trying to rectify the fact that he had given us a penalty and we had the temerity to score from it.

On the subject of the Ref what the f*** happened with a Rovers free kick in the 2nd half? He gave a free kick out side the box and the rovers players put the ball down ready to kick it and then the ref come along and moved the ball somewhere else and then put it back where the rovers players had put it in the first place. I was as baffled as the rovers players to be honest.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Come on you SEAGULLS!

Been in C Block since day one, and had a few newbies around me yesterday. No prob with that in general, but their MASSIVE lack of Albion knowledge - and indeed football knowledge in general - was cringeworthy. I guess the loss of fans down the years is to blame? The armchair fans seem to have lost touch with the proper 'live' game experience...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here