Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry the blokes out of his depth

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
A good, sensible post compared to most of the knee jerk tosh on here tonight. I think the club gambled on CMS and Hoskins being back by now, which should have been the case by now but for minor injury setbacks. The gamble may have backfired and left us short of striking options, as tonight obviously showed, but we are still in the mix and it will be far from a disaster if we dont make the play offs this season. Personally, I look forward to another season competing in the roller coaster Championship rather than the Predictorship.

I am not looking forward to another season of defensive , negative football because Garcia wont change his style of football

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
A good, sensible post compared to most of the knee jerk tosh on here tonight. I think the club gambled on CMS and Hoskins being back by now, which should have been the case by now but for minor injury setbacks. The gamble may have backfired and left us short of striking options, as tonight obviously showed, but we are still in the mix and it will be far from a disaster if we dont make the play offs this season. Personally, I look forward to another season competing in the roller coaster Championship rather than the Predictorship.
If CMS and Hoskins were back at the end of January, where do you think they would fit into the team?
Or do you believe the tactics and system would be changed to accomadate them?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If CMS and Hoskins were back at the end of January, where do you think they would fit into the team?
Or do you believe the tactics and system would be changed to accomadate them?

Thats an interesting question...subs bench....or maybe one wide instead of Lingard...what do you think?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Thats an interesting question...subs bench....or maybe one wide instead of Lingard...what do you think?

Hoskins played wide last season. Did a good job too imo.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Are you seriously starting threads like this having hardly watched a game? ???

52 years I watched them
I am now unable to get to any matches due to disability

I watch any match that is on TV all the interviews (even the boring ones)
and all the highlights
I am sure I can glean enough from that +the results+all the magnificent views and descriptions on here to allow me an opinion

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I feel sorry for him but that is about it coaching may alright but passionless and not getting plan"A" over to the players + they all need shooting practice or shooting
that is all
thank you and goodnight

3 points off playoffs with a game in hand? You're right terrible! Idiot

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Couldn't disagree more.

We are 9th, 3 points off the playoffs with a game in hand. Having had the worst pre season in living memory and injury problems all season.

Yes, we probably could and should be doing better and it isn't the most positive football I've seen.... But to say he is out of his depth is somewhat laughable.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I'm neither a staunch supporter nor a strong critic of Oscar, but what I would say is that I don't think there is any Championship manager who could get promotion with this squad.

I blame the club entirely for woeful squad planning and giving every other club in the division a two-month headstart on us last summer. It is the club who aren't serious about promotion, not Oscar. If Bloom/Barber/Burke wanted us to be genuine contenders this season we would have a squad that had more than one goalscorer in it (meaning we wouldn't resort to the likes of Buckley playing upfront when we are hit by just ONE injury) and players such as Andrews and Forster-Caskey would be nowhere to be seen. Seriously, ask yourself if Leicester or Burnley would want players like this. They wouldn't even get on their BENCH. That's how far behind we are, and that is not Oscar's fault.

By all means criticise the style and the lack of goals, but the guy can only work with the substandard tools he's been given.

Great post sums it up perfectly. The events of the summer meant at best a consolidation season.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The fact that we had so many chances tells me the tactics were spot on.

I know only listened on the radio but it sounded like we were all over them for most of the match. The manager can't put it in the back of the net for them, and he can't stop them making a silly mistake at the back in the last minute.

If we change manager it will be the usual knobheads at the start of this thread calling for them to be sacked by christmas - the same as every other manager :facepalm:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
52 years I watched them
I am now unable to get to any matches due to disability

I watch any match that is on TV all the interviews (even the boring ones)
and all the highlights
I am sure I can glean enough from that +the results+all the magnificent views and descriptions on here to allow me an opinion

I wouldn't necessarily form a opinion based on views on here!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you base your opinion on just what you see with your own eyes, thats fine, but it is still just one mans opinion. If instead you accumulate your information from everything you read, on everything everybody else says on here, then that becomes the overall opinion of thousands and certainly becomes more representative of the 'truth', or at least the true feeling of the fans.......the jury remains out on whether he will ever be capable, it is too early to judge that.

That's all well and good but in another thread 77% of fans have voted for Garcia IN and a further 13% voting fence which appears to be the stance that you're taking. It's got quite a large sample size too with 285 fans voting. If the likes of you and Glasfryn and other non-attendees are truly following the trend then you'd not be half as equivocal as you are.

It's interesting to note that both you and Glasfryn have been two of the most vocal in your attack on the club and in particular Paul Barber over the Poyet sacking. I'm certain this has affected how both of you view Garcia.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's all well and good but in another thread 77% of fans have voted for Garcia IN and a further 13% voting fence which appears to be the stance that you're taking. It's got quite a large sample size too with 285 fans voting. If the likes of you and Glasfryn and other non-attendees are truly following the trend then you'd not be half as equivocal as you are.

It's interesting to note that both you and Glasfryn have been two of the most vocal in your attack on the club and in particular Paul Barber over the Poyet sacking. I'm certain this has affected how both of you view Garcia.

I would vote IN on Garcia. I never agree with knee-jerking sacking of managers, we knew what we were getting with a very inexperienced manager and expectations should have been set accordingly. My 'fence' view is that he hasn't shown that much to suggest he will ever be capable, but I certainly wouldn't sack him for at least another year based on that (unless it is true that the players feel Jones is the defacto manager.) This is all true regardless of my thoughts on Poyet.

I actually feel it is those who were most anti-Poyet who are getting most upset about Garcia, the likes of Tubby-mc-wotsit, who are so upset that Garcia isn't wowing us all and proving how right the club were to sack Poyet.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I would vote IN on Garcia. I never agree with knee-jerking sacking of managers, we knew what we were getting with a very inexperienced manager and expectations should have been set accordingly. My 'fence' view is that he hasn't shown that much to suggest he will ever be capable, but I certainly wouldn't sack him for at least another year based on that (unless it is true that the players feel Jones is the defacto manager.) This is all true regardless of my thoughts on Poyet.

I actually feel it is those who were most anti-Poyet who are getting most upset about Garcia, the likes of Tubby-mc-wotsit, who are so upset that Garcia isn't wowing us all and proving how right the club were to sack Poyet.

Okay fair enough, although I'd put myself firmly in the anti-Poyet camp (anti as in against his histrionics, bullsh*t and general attitude rather than football nous) and I'm a strong believer in OG being the right man for us.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
something is desperately wrong
I like the man but he really does not cut the mustard
"I am not looking at the table"
well we are .......and you would not need to if we had won the games we should have won
the similar way Moyes and OG's season has gone is worth studying, both have reasonable squads that are equally goal shy both managers have very plausible excuses as to why things are not going right, both have the spectre of the previous manager hanging in the air like a bad smell, both have players in the squad who think they are the bee's knees but could not hit a cows arse with a banjo.
something must change other wise the slim hope we have of getting into the play-offs will be gone, if they all think that won't happen then start playing the DS now

It just seemed weird that you didn't mention Oscar's name at all in that opening post, and Moyes had just lost, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here