Sorry Republicans.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Imagine thinking any human is better than another simply by a title bestowed on them at birth by some rubbish system.

Williams children will be no bettter than your children nor should they be given any more benefits/special privs than you own children deserve to recieve.

This is what the argument boils down to. History has proven time and again that these people appointed by god are not fit to run a country. The church of englan it's self was created for the selfish urges of one of our fine leaders.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You mean like Days of our Lives and Coronation Street?

Popular, but rubbish.

Now then Tyrone i agree and support your ideas about the royals but there is no need to have a go at corrie, that is beyond the pale.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it also says this in the article, but i am suggesting we should not distinguish between her and her role because her personal fortune has been gained from the fact that she is queen. Therefore i believe that the whole amount should e considered her wealth as a monarch.

you are counting the institution and the person as the same. if we had a revolution tomorrow (well Tuesday, its a bank holiday weekend so nothing gets done) the Crown Estates would still exist and might be called the Presidents Estates. does the elected President now have a net worth of £17billion while in office? of course not, so why say the reigning Monarch does?

i really dont understand you seperate wealth acquired by Royal position and power as any different to that gained from industry and commerce, which unfortunatly also was often gained from suffering of others. do you have an issue with someone who inherits as their family home a Regency terrace in Bath that was built by 18th century sugar merchants? like i say, this can only lead to discussion of capitalism vs communism and really nothing to do with the concept of the political institution of the Monarchy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
you are counting the institution and the person as the same. if we had a revolution tomorrow (well Tuesday, its a bank holiday weekend so nothing gets done) the Crown Estates would still exist and might be called the Presidents Estates. does the elected President now have a net worth of £17billion while in office? of course not, so why say the reigning Monarch does?

i really dont understand you seperate wealth acquired by Royal position and power as any different to that gained from industry and commerce, which unfortunatly also was often gained from suffering of others. do you have an issue with someone who inherits as their family home a Regency terrace in Bath that was built by 18th century sugar merchants? like i say, this can only lead to discussion of capitalism vs communism and really nothing to do with the concept of the political institution of the Monarchy.

i disagree with the idea that these estates would become the presidents estates. To incorporate the role of head of state into the Prime Minister role (call it a president if you like) would mean that they stay in number 10. Then make sure the queen is looked after (some sort of glass cage in the buckingham palace museum do people could gawp to their hearts desire.) The use the rest of the cash, houses, cars for some democratically decided cause.

To My mind we are using 17 billion dollars of wealth on a position which is not really necessary and one decided by accident of birth. even if the old dear was limited to two massive estates, one private and one state owned. That would sit much better with me.

I also don't really get the point about sugar merchants either. They gave the country sugar that is indeed a part of capitalism, people paid for goods and services. The royals do not really perform much of a service to us (nice wedding though it was, maybe they could become wedding planners). But as you say yourself that is a different discussion.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The estates should be turned into public parks.

For ALL to enjoy, not just a few privileged types.

and the houses into museums so everyone can enjoy the art. Or maybe even free hostels.

They have gone to bed!!!!! Viva la Republic

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
The Royals are essentially just rich chavs if you look at it:
They live off the state
They are inbred
They spend too much money on overly lavished weddings at the expense of the public
They aren't liked by many people
They don't really do a job and just sit on their arses when meeting people (i.e. the queen)

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
They live off the state
They are inbred
They spend too much money on overly lavished weddings at the expense of the public
They don't really do a job and just sit on their arses when meeting people (i.e. the queen)

f*** OFF

Agreed it's not the real world & is not a true picture of life in England.

But today our little country was the envy of the world,we showed why Britain is great.People came from all over the world to
see the wedding of our future king.
I think the royal family is like living by the sea,tourists appreciate it more than you because it's new to them.

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
f*** OFF

But today our little country was the envy of the world,we showed why Britain is great.People came from all over the world to
I think the royal family is like living by the sea,tourists appreciate it more than you because it's new to them.

Bit harsh, but yes we were the envy of the world if that world consists solely of the USA and countries we used to lead i.e. the commonwealth. Yes it was a good day for a lot of people but for what reason other then to like the country they live in and make a song a dance over it when these same people probably didn't even know it was St. Georges day last week where was the national pride then......exactly there wasn't nobody gave a flying f*** and you know why its because of those BNP bastards making everything nationalistic seem racist (hopefully you are not one of those BNP bastards :wink: ) If we had no Royal family then it wouldn't make much difference to my life except not having to listen to that bloody anthem at England games.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
f*** OFF

on this occasion yes, but on other occasions they make us a laughing stock.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
They live off the state
They are inbred

Nail on head.

I wonder if they could survive without tax payer funding.
If they're that much of tourist attraction they should be self funding, & able to stand on their own 2 feet

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Cant imagine anyone from the edl objecting to the royal wedding, but can imagine plenty of the swampy types, pro gay, anti super markets, anti roads, pro trees, hating it!

Seagull Stew

Cant imagine anyone from the edl objecting to the royal wedding, but can imagine plenty of the swampy types, pro gay, anti super markets, anti roads, pro trees, hating it!

How many people do you know who are anti trees then?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
A small thing I noted about yesterday and all the guff about being proud to be British is how so many people who enjoyed it felt the need to tell everyone how WE do this kind of thing BETTER than anyone else.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
They live off the state
They are inbred

:lol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Not sure what to make of this post. Is it a joke? maybe some smileys would help!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports