Someone must know who it is....!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
original.jpg

I just wanted to let you know good luck. We're all counting on you.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Bruv, you been sleep talking to Gully again?

Lol, how did you guess Bruv haha!
I wouldn't trust that roof goat to get any thing right...

My source still has no info as yet. I will call you if I hear anything.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
colleague who is a Leicester fan informs me that Beckford is currently on £45k/week.

either we're going to smash our current wage structure wide open or this isn't going to happen.

How much longer is his contract at Leicester on that sort of money?

If the deal we offer is 2-3 years longer than he has left at Leicester, he may rather that sort of security albeit at a greatly reduced wage.

I can't see us paying anything like that sort of money (not even close to half) for a guy who - like CMS - has done very little above League One.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
How much longer is his contract at Leicester on that sort of money?

If the deal we offer is 2-3 years longer than he has left at Leicester, he may rather that sort of security albeit at a greatly reduced wage.

I can't see us paying anything like that sort of money (not even close to half) for a guy who - like CMS - has done very little above League One.

Interestingly I Google'd this to see how valid the £45k figure felt - several mentions and one argument between two people on a LCFC site where the argument seemed to be whether he was earning more than the supposed cap of £35k/week - with someone claiming links to top of club. At no point was it ever suggested in that conversation he'd be on less than £35k!!!

The fact he signed 40mins before close of window last August would also suggest that money started to get overlooked as a potential barrier to the deal - and probably that LCFC signed up to silly terms.

He has three more years on contract!

Don't see this happening.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:lol:
RIP Leslie. A brilliant actor

Indeed. A true comedy HERO.

"This woman's very sick. She needs to be taken to a hospital"

"A hospital? What is it?"

"It's a big building with patients in, but that's not important right now"

:bowdown:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Interestingly I Google'd this to see how valid the £45k figure felt - several mentions and one argument between two people on a LCFC site where the argument seemed to be whether he was earning more than the supposed cap of £35k/week - with someone claiming links to top of club. At no point was it ever suggested in that conversation he'd be on less than £35k!!!

The fact he signed 40mins before close of window last August would also suggest that money started to get overlooked as a potential barrier to the deal - and probably that LCFC signed up to silly terms.

He has three more years on contract!

Don't see this happening.

Top research, and if he does have a wage cap busting £45k pw for the next 2 years coming his way, I can't see him dropping that significantly to come here, anymore than I see us going close enough to that deal to bring him here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports