Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would have thought that was pretty obvious as if you can get there in person you, in 99% of the time, are going to attend the game so it means the person picking up the ticket must prove his identity, the club having been told it by the STH.

Well, I'd assume that was the case as well. But the process has not really been nailed down yet in Insiders post, and I certainly wouldn't want to rock up on matchday on an assumption, and be on the wrong end of it if it all went tits up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Funny how the official club spokesperson pitches up out of nowhere and jumps all over this after just 42 posts. Must have been a 'lucky find' whilst browsing NSC during a quite afternoon in the office.

Shame they have never stumbled across any of the countless threads about the wholesale and systemic failures of the match day catering and offered a similarly robust resolution.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Funny how the official club spokesperson pitches up out of nowhere and jumps all over this after just 42 posts. Must have been a 'lucky find' whilst browsing NSC during a quite afternoon in the office.

Shame they have never stumbled across any of the countless threads about the wholesale and systemic failures of the match day catering and offered a similarly robust resolution.

Indeed, although no contribution to the Movie Theme Thread nor Teenage Mistakes were proffered either.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would have thought that was pretty obvious as if you can get there in person you, in 99% of the time, are going to attend the game so it means the person picking up the ticket must prove his identity, the club having been told it by the STH.

Well, I'd assume that was the case as well. But the process has not really been nailed down yet in Insiders post, and I certainly wouldn't want to rock up on matchday on an assumption, and be on the wrong end of it if it all went tits up.

Sadly, I'd suggest that you both assume wrong. My reading of [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] post is that the reprint facility, collected at the stadium in person, is purely for the "I've misplaced my ST card and want to get into the game, please" scenario.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sadly, I'd suggest that you both assume wrong. My reading of [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] post is that the reprint facility, collected at the stadium in person, is purely for the "I've misplaced my ST card and want to get into the game, please" scenario.

Thats certianly the £15 option

What of the £5 option though, ie no lost card, just a 3rd party having the STH's seat for one game ? I think it needs clarifying, if not on here then on the official website.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thats certianly the £15 option

What of the £5 option though, ie no lost card, just a 3rd party having the STH's seat for one game ? I think it needs clarifying, if not on here then on the official website.

No, the £15 is the "I've entirely lost my card, please print me a new one"

£5 - "I've left it at home. Please print me a paper ticket for this game"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed.

It's the "I've driven 150 miles to the Amex and just realised my season ticket is in my other jacket" situation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

What is it for the "I THINK I've left it at home, but it might be lost. I swear I had it this morning, but...etc"

Actually, I don't care. I've lost the will.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

In which case insider did not state what the policy is for the case where a ticket holder can't make it for various reasons and wants a friend or family member to have the seat for a match as in the op.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In which case insider did not state what the policy is for the case where a ticket holder can't make it for various reasons and wants a friend or family member to have the seat for a match as in the op.

I think that (largely thanks to this thread :dunce: ), officially at least, such an option does not exist.

Hope to be corrected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here