Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why does that have to be the case? NHL re-sale allows the ticket holder to set their own price. I am not suggesting doing that but surely there could be another way? If we make it to the premier league this will all become a moot point anyway as the tickets could be given away free and not make a dent in the clubs income.

It really isn't hard to understand.

1. Under the section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 it is illegal for fans to resell tickets hence we don't have a system like NHL which, from I can see, facilitates touting, ie selling tickets at prices above their face value.
2. Why would the club provide a facility for season ticket holders to re sell their tickets before the club have sold all other tickets. It makes no financial sense.
3. It will not be a moot point if we get promoted because the club aren't going to give away all the seats. A sell out home game based on average ticket price of £30 would provide income of about £17m per season, a not insignificant amount.

I'm a season ticket holder, have been for decades, and I know that based on the price of the season ticket I could miss about 7 home games a season with being worse off had I bought individual tickets. I don't miss that many, maybe 2 or 3 a season. If I miss a game, I try and find someone I know to use my ticket but I'm not going to let it go to someone I don't know and in those cases the seat would be empty. Would it be good if the every seat in the stadium were full? Probably. Is it vital to the atmosphere? Probably not. Some of the best atmosphere's have been when the stadium wasn't full. In my view what drives the atmosphere is what happens on pitch. At the start of the game the crowd might motivate the team if there is a crescendo of noise but as it progresses, it is what is on the pitch that the crowd react to.

I'm not sure this thread is about the fixation that some have with having a full house or that some STH would like to get some money back when they can't go (and yes I note some have already stated they don't care about the money as long as the seat is used).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
2. Why would the club provide a facility for season ticket holders to re sell their tickets before the club have sold all other tickets. It makes no financial sense.

This has been answered and rebutted many times in this thread.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This has been answered and rebutted many times in this thread.

As you haven't stated it, I'm guessing you are referring to the cases where someone has come along and used someone else's season ticket and got hooked etc. If so, I hardly think that is a rebuttal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here