Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some views from Derby fans

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
How else could they stop Kazenga...and as for Vicente...first they man marked him,then they put two men on him,then three,it was'nt till they surrounded him by four they managed to crowd him out...cracking match...it was amazing that we only got two goals.....onwards!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My boss who is a Derby fan has been complaining that we were very cynical and throwing ourselves down at every opportunity when a Derby player came near. He said that was the overall impression of the fans in their end. I love bad losers!

He did also say their overall impression was that the only difference between the two teams were Vicente and LuaLua. He said they were two of the best players they had played against this season. We are so lucky to have players like them these days.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My boss who is a Derby fan has been complaining that we were very cynical and throwing ourselves down at every opportunity when a Derby player came near. He said that was the overall impression of the fans in their end. I love bad losers!

He did also say their overall impression was that the only difference between the two teams were Vicente and LuaLua. He said they were two of the best players they had played against this season. We are so lucky to have players like them these days.

Nigel Clough lacks the same level of magnanimity.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

How did he fail to notice his side CONSTANTLY pulling our players back, going in late and from behind.

Cynical, rubbish football from Derby.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I hope you have thanked him for the SIX points this season!

As for being dirty, IMO the ref was pretty lenient in the fast half towards them - they could have had three players booked before half time.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I liked this comment on the thread.

Difference between the sides tonight was that they had Lua Lua and Vicente and we had Tyson and Robinson, neither of whom can trap a bag of sand.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Arrogant all of a sudden? Needs to read back through NSC me thinks, some have been arrogant for years!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Derby were fortunate to have 11 men left on the field at the end. They were deliberately bringing down players that had beaten them, those are yellow card offences and it took the ref at half an hour to start booking them. Most of the challenges were not dirty per se but they were cautionable. I don't think we can be accused of arrogance regarding last night, we were the better team. If Derby had a little more belief in themselves they could have given us a tougher game, far lesser teams have certainly done so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some more:

Amazing what 5 or 6 years in football can do.. We had our own Spaniard in Idiakez, and we destroyed Brighton doing the double over them (3-0 at PP and 3-2 at The Whitdean), us finishing in the playoffs and them finsihing lower midtable.. Us playing on the deck passing football football with flair, them hoofing it. Us having the big stadium and riding a wave of excitement and momentum, them going nowhere in their shed...

Fast track 5 or 6 years and they've got a brand new spanking stadium that looks the dogs, a decent team with some excellent foreign players (especially a Spaniard) and them playing the attractive fooball, us well not so much, them spending $3mill on a striker alone, us spending $3 on a new defender.. They're now in a bubble and it must be really exciting times for Brighton fans, as for us, further consolidation and the Forest games are about as good as it gets..

Well and truelly overtaken by BHA..

Vicente has 38 caps for Spain. Best player in the league by far when he is fit.

Quality match experience fella apart from the result, I thought the ref bought one or two too many, having said that you deserved to win and had a couple of stand out players in Vincente and Lua Lua, I felt we should of scored in the second half, several headers whizzed just over the bar.

Standing out for me was the quality of the pies, and to be at a match with Hobgoblin as a guest beer was superb, also keeping the bar open until 2300 when the que for the train has died down is very sensible management.10/10

I went last night as the Amex is only 5 mins from me and i have to say that the Seagulls showed us what we are missing... incisive midfield players who are not afraid to pick the ball up and run at the opposition! Naylor got better as the game went on but was given little support against Lua Lua - who played well above his usual standard (not saying hes no good but he was given an awful lot of the ball last night probably due to tactics and targeting one of our younger players.) Vicente was also great but again doesn't usually play that well or that long!

What it showed to me was that we need someone in the middle of the park who is comfortable picking the ball up and running at the oppo.... now i have only been to two games this season and Bryson was missing both of these so he may be that man but to me it looked like the young lads didnt really know what to do with the ball in midfield and were always looking for the pass rather than trying to gain some yards and stretching the Albion defence. They ran through our midfield at times last night and i dont think i saw us doing that at all.... we looked hesitant on the ball and more often than not hoofed it up to try and use the pace of Theo or Tyson but asked too much of them both.... the opposite could be said of Brighton ... they used their pace and the pace of the ball to create spaces.

We need some quality in the midfield and take a little more time on the ball, pass it about and make space - i am not asking for tic tic Barcelona but at least the tic tic of Brighton and Hove Albion!

Great stuff.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Derby were the most inept football team I've seen this season. Whenever they did win the ball back, they just leathered it back up the pitch and they were back to square one.

God help their supporters who have to watch that week in week out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Derby were the most inept football team I've seen this season. Whenever they did win the ball back, they just leathered it back up the pitch and they were back to square one.

God help their supporters who have to watch that week in week out.

A bit harsh, I think. They carried a threat on the break. Much more so than Barnsley, Burnley or Portsmouth

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Derby to my surprise were the poorest team seen at the Amex this season,we completely dominated them in the first half which led to them making reckless challenges which should have at least led to a red card,worryingly we only had one goal to show for it until late in the game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Derby fans at least seem a reasonable bunch judging by their comments (compared to some of the rubbish I've read from fans of other visiting teams).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
come across as a thoroughly decent bunch of fans in the main with the ability to think about the football they watch rather than just mouthing the usual insults and drivel.

not convinced by Clough - he seems to me to lack the spark to make things happen and doesn't seem to have taken the club forward at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here