[Football] Some of those Burnley fans - don’t like us. Oh well !!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Of all the middle class “Holier than thou” posters to choose from on NSC and they choose Herr Tubthumper, if only they knew about his match day club lounge pre match meal reviews, which man bag should I accessorise with this week and tales of second home ownership threads....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And his choice of dishwater drinks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I said before on this thread, the Internet is so often a depressing place where the most vitriolic people's views stand out and take hold. Maybe a bit ott re a thread on a football forum talking about the town of Burnley, but you get my point.
Actually speak to people from this Sussex coastal resort and I'm sure the vast majority wouldn't have much of an opinion on Burnley either way.

Same goes for the Burnley fans calling all Brighton fans dick heads etc because of a few people on a message board being arrogant c0cks. Message boards of most clubs have their fair share of arrogance about their club/town and towards other clubs/towns.

I've been to home and away games between us and only ever seen good natured chat and banter between fans in pubs etc.

In these lockdown times isn't this just an extension of what would be going on in the town and ground if fans were allowed? In the seats a few lads, worse the wear for drink, would be singing "Burnley's a shithole, I want to go home" and "small town in Blackburn". A small but very noisy minority of them would be calling us "****ing poofs" and looking for a scrap afterwards. Meanwhile the vast but silent majority would enjoy a pre match pint (lockdown equivalent, a couple of cans during the game and texting a mate) and concentrate on the game.

We are a “middle class Wigan” apparently [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the other hand, this is exactly the sort of online comment that kicks it off, because it's just so easy to respond "in Burnley you're considered middle class if you don't point at aeroplanes".

Not that I would.

:whistle:

:moo:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The thing about us being racist seems to have come from the game where Bong got booed constantly by their fans. Someone on their forum said we’d been singing ‘town full of p*kis’ at them throughout the game which must be one of the most obvious lies imaginable.

Can anyone say that when they think of Burnley one of the first things they think of is ‘Large Pakistani community’? Because it wouldn’t be in the top 50 for me! I mean it’s hardly Bradford or Luton is it. Our fans singing songs like that at Burnley is about as nonsensical as us going on a tour of Saudi Arabia and changing Does Your Boyfriend Know You’re Here. It doesn’t make any sense.

I thought there’d be some silly story behind it. That’s one hell of a lie. Imagine any one person singing that at the Amex, let alone more than 1! I know Leicester used to get that song back in the day (not from BHA) but wouldn’t even think of Burnley as Asian as you say - town full of nothing or town full of bricks is much more apt and nice...!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Burnley like many of these old coal towns in the north are very deprived areas and with very little to do , football becomes a bigger issue than it probably is for those lucky enough to live in more prosperous places like Brighton and Hove .

I’ve been to Burnley and trust me it is like coronation Street !

I’m not saying this is an excuse for some Burnley fans comments but I’m more inclined to be sympathetic when I know they live in a dump .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I met a group of lads from Brighton once in Denmark years ago. Dickheads. Therefore, everyone from Brighton = dickhead'
Christ almighty.

At least you’d never run the risk of bumping into Burnley fans in Denmark. Costa del Sol possibly, Copenhagen no chance.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I have travelled to 70 plus grounds in my time and can only base my “shithole” experience from the train station / car walk to pub and ground and interactions with the locals, which isn’t totally conclusive of the area / all locals but in the context of this thread my top 5 are (in no particular order)

Stoke
Bradford
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Crewe

Having been to Priestfield 40 plus times has also allowed me to conclude that Gillingham is also a shithole and has only just missed out on the LBC top 5 for any north / south bias

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have travelled to 70 plus grounds in my time and can only base my “shithole” experience from the train station / car walk to pub and ground and interactions with the locals, which isn’t totally conclusive of the area / all locals but in the context of this thread my top 5 are (in no particular order)

Stoke
Bradford
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Crewe

Having been to Priestfield 40 plus times has also allowed me to conclude that Gillingham is also a shithole and has only just missed out on the LBC top 5 for any north / south bias

To be fair to Estuary/ North Sea Kent, it’s all a shit hole that extends North to Cleethorps [emoji23]

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Everybody I've ever met from Burnley and that part of Lancashire has been eminently friendly and lovely.

By contrast, some aspect of my person seems to make Mancunians want to punch me in the face :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because it IS a Shithole. I'm a Northern Monkey myself, know the area well and can confirm that it needs a good dose of Napalm... :thumbsup:

:lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Luton vs Burnley in the shit hole department IMO. I love the contingent on here that will always go against the grain of the thread even though Stevie Wonder even knows Burnley is a hole.

If Burnley hated all fans who thought Burnley was a hole, they wouldn’t have many friends that’s for sure :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of all the middle class “Holier than thou” posters to choose from on NSC and they chose Herr Tubthumper, if only they knew about his match day club lounge pre match meal reviews, which man bag should I accessorise with this week and tales of second home ownership threads....

And his choice of dishwater drinks.

I’m an accidental landlord who enjoys an occasional hand-crafted artisanal beer thank you very much.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why are people mixing up people that live in a town and the town itself being a shithole? You could have a town of the nicest possible people ever but it it’s all crumbling old bricks everywhere and shockingly shite old buildings, it’s still a shithole... throw in a bit of Lonsdale polyester, a touch of BNP and a shite wooden seated football stadium and you have Burnley - can’t vouch for many of their fans and if they’re pleasant they’d get pleasant back from me - but booing Bong without knowing the story or even having a player of theirs involved at the time, flying embarrassing banners over Man City, getting arrested for racial abuse & having a large element who make homophobic slurs doesn’t make me warm to them as a fan base... throw in their team of thugs and elbows and the most vile complaining manager ever and yeh, nothings changing my opinion of them or their town.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Burnley.
Shit place
Shit club
Shit fans

Burnley? Ha! Just say the name and everyone in the U.K. thinks “shit hole”. Quite rightly. Really crap pubs too, from what I recall.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They have a point. Lots of arrogance on here about the north

Personally I disagree. There’s parts of the north I really like. Equally there’s parts of the south which I don’t like. It isn’t a north-south thing.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of all the middle class “Holier than thou” posters to choose from on NSC and they chose Herr Tubthumper, if only they knew about his match day club lounge pre match meal reviews, which man bag should I accessorise with this week and tales of second home ownership threads....

Haha! Thats really bothered you, hasn’t it. Brilliant.

A thread about how shit Burnley fans are and you manage to insult our own fans. What an absolute clanger you are!
Upset you didn’t get picked to represent? Perhaps duck out of the Bear Pit now and again, you might get spotted :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
At university in the 90s I met a dickhead who happened to be a Burnley fan. One day he sang “no ground, no fans” at me.
My 23 years of strong resentment towards that club is based solely on that incident.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Why are people mixing up people that live in a town and the town itself being a shithole?

Because I'm much more interested in people than architectural value? Sure, driving into Burnley's like descending through the nine circles of hell, but I don't really hold that against the inhabitants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports