Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March - Southampton

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
If March does go there has to be direct action against the board next home game surely.

Like what? Ask them to leave? Remember, it's Tony Bloom's board and he owns the club.

I'm sure Tony already knows the fans are restless, jumping up and down at a match TWO games into a new season BEFORE the end of the first transfer window makes absolutely no sense at all.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ah yes, the famously reliable Talksport who have no doubt read some bullsh*t from Twitter.

If enough Albion fans said Agustein was off to Charlton for example, some sort of media would end up running a story, it means nothing. It isnt happening, but dont let that stop a monumental bedwetting over nothing.

Read his biography again. He is a journo for the national press, and talksport commentator.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
He must not go. We don't need the money, given how many other players we've let go recently. I am not happy with Buckley leaving but this would be even worse. Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be much evidence that it will happen.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
March will be worth way more than that one day IMO. He's the most talented youngster we have by a mile and Southampton have a massive war chest. Unless they offer stupid money(10m+) we must not sell him, if March were to leave that would raise serious questions about our ambition & just what is going on financially right now

No it wouldn't.

Championship player joins Premier League team and doubles his salary shock horror!

Getting past the rising tide of collective hysteria, if he were to leave it would simply reflect the ambitions of a young footballer to earn lots more money and showcase his talents in one of the top leagues in the world.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Read his biography again. He is a journo for the national press, and talksport commentator.

Alex Goring Crook
[MENTION=17609]Alex[/MENTION]_crook
National newspaper journalist, @talksportlive commentator, reporter for @talksport and owner of @MYNewsAgency views and occasional rants are my own

So because it says "National newspaper journalist" in his title, it means he is one ? Christ this is getting better !! Oh, and his "news agency" has 200 followers on Twitter....

Might stick that im a journalist in my Twitter title seeing as people seem to believe everything you say then....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Alex Goring Crook
National newspaper journalist, @talksportlive commentator, reporter for @talksport and owner of @MYNewsAgency views and occasional rants are my own

So because it says "National newspaper journalist" in his title, it means he is one ? Christ this is getting better !! Oh, and his "news agency" has 200 followers on Twitter....

Might stick that im a journalist in my Twitter title seeing as people seem to believe everything you say then....

Wow... Maybe we should just ignore all news then, and only comment on anything confirmed.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Alex Goring Crook

Wind it in. As others have said, there is legitimate speculation on this. If you'd rather this site just be a mouthpiece for the club's propaganda, as you clearly aspire to be yourself, you're in the wrong place.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
£4 million? yes please. Kid has potential but personally I've only seen brief flashes of it and he is still so lightweight. I would definitely take that money now but only if Sami can spend most of it (maybe that's a big if).

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
£4 million? yes please. Kid has potential but personally I've only seen brief flashes of it and he is still so lightweight. I would definitely take that money now but only if Sami can spend most of it (maybe that's a big if).

If it really is a deal which could rise to 4 million then it's a no brainer. Great deal for the club and for player.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Like what? Ask them to leave? Remember, it's Tony Bloom's board and he owns the club.

I'm sure Tony already knows the fans are restless, jumping up and down at a match TWO games into a new season BEFORE the end of the first transfer window makes absolutely no sense at all.

Tony Bloom's club, no sorry its our club and as for him owning it maybe so but I'm sure there is some bank somewhere who would dispute that.
and yes you are right wait until the window closes and see what shape we are in then

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Wouldn't let Solly go for no less than £5million. I'm getting seriously ****ed off with lack of transfer activity bringing people in now.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
If it really is a deal which could rise to 4 million then it's a no brainer. Great deal for the club and for player.
How the f*%K is it a great deal when the likelyhood is there will be no replacement. March will be worth far more than that in a year or 2. Pisses me off when fans say "great deal for the club". How? it wont be reinvested, he will just be replaced with some cheap journeyman who will play for £50 a week. If i was Hypia I would be out of there in a shot

Aug 4, 2011
It would be a great move for him and I do think he would step up well. Very talented and hard working player and can only improve with experience. I do like his game and hope he does stay because in my opinion he could be a very important player for us this season. Some of his performances are class and he always works hard which for me is a very strong factor. Good skill on the ball and becoming ever more pacey.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
How the f*%K is it a great deal when the likelyhood is there will be no replacement. March will be worth far more than that in a year or 2. Pisses me off when fans say "great deal for the club". How? it wont be reinvested, he will just be replaced with some cheap journeyman who will play for £50 a week. If i was Hypia I would be out of there in a shot

Thought the whole point of selling these players for good money was also to reduce the wage bill and play our youngsters as their wages are probably what our limits are now so selling March defeats the object as we'll have to pay a fee plus joining on fee for any replacment, really doesn't make any sense what so ever.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m
For those asking re: rampant Solly March speculation. Saints' Les Reed is aware of his potential. So too are Everton. That's it. #bhafc

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m
For those asking re: rampant Solly March speculation. Saints' Les Reed is aware of his potential. So too are Everton. That's it. #bhafc

So Everton and Southampton have been monitoring him. Nothing really to report then, I'd expect those two clubs, and others, to be doing so, along with other young players in the division.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He signed a new 4-year deal just four months ago to the day. If this rumour is true then what the fvck is going on at this club?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
If March does go there has to be direct action against the board next home game surely.

Jesus - calm down. You're getting your knickers in a twist over a rumour. Yes a rumour.

I'll start one. "have heard on the grapevine that the north stand will be converted into a Lidl. Good sources for this"

Two minutes later - "Just seen it reported that the North Stand is going to be a Lidl. Done deal apparently"

Two minutes later - "Furious that the club are turning the North Stand into a Lidl. This is the last straw for me"

Two minutes later - "I've been supporting the club for 92 years and can't believe that the club would sell it's proud heritage to Lidl. Have heard whispers that the East Lower will be the next to go".

It's like a sodding knitting circle on here - stop having a go at the club for stuff that isn't even happening. Take a deep breath, see where we are at the end of the month and judge it from there.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'll start one. "have heard on the grapevine that the north stand will be converted into a Lidl. Good sources for this"

Two minutes later - "Just seen it reported that the North Stand is going to be a Lidl. Done deal apparently"

Two minutes later - "Furious that the club are turning the North Stand into a Lidl. This is the last straw for me"

Two minutes later - "I've been supporting the club for 92 years and can't believe that the club would sell it's proud heritage to Lidl. Have heard whispers that the East Lower will be the next to go".

It's like a sodding knitting circle on here - stop having a go at the club for stuff that isn't even happening. Take a deep breath, see where we are at the end of the month and judge it from there.

This actually sums up an awful lot of the knicker twisting on social media. One unsubstantiated rumour gets tweeted and all of a sudden it's taken as fact because people see it in multiple places.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
i
Jesus - calm down. You're getting your knickers in a twist over a rumour. Yes a rumour.

I'd be happy with a centre forward and a Lidl , they do a good Brathurst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here