Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March - Southampton

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
March was with the team this morning & the person I hear things from ocassionally who is normally fairly reliable, says this story is totally fabricated and utter nonsense.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
For 6m Barber would probably drive him there, think there are legs to this rumour

For 6m most of our fans would drive him there. March has a lot of promise and looked a really good prospect last year. However, that is an incredible amount of money for 20/30 first team games, many from the bench.

I don't think this is true and doubt anyone would offer that but you pretty much slag off the club if they did get an offer and accept it, which is ridiculous.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's a sterile no fun atmosphere at Brighton , no Gullys Girls, no half time entertainment of any kind, even a bit of music when a goal is scored might liven it up and I'm not a great fan of ths at all.
Promise the punters everything, get in another manager with literally zero managerial experience and no experience managing in English football at all. get them through the gates at all costs commit daylight robbery with extortionate prices for everything, let the stewards get as heavy handed as they want etc etc it's a ****ing joke.
The atmosphere last week V Wednesday was absolutely shocking, shocking !
So quiet, so sterile utter shit because no one knows what the hell is going on as they are effectively lying to us at every opportunity.
What's the point of a beautiful new stadium and the best training facilities in the land ( that won't start working for the club bringing youth through for at least 5-7 years) when you sell all your best players racking up nearly £18 million in transfer money after 3 seasons and spending in comparison what amounts to squat.
Bringing in shit freebies and loan players who can't make it into a starting eleven in league 1.

Blimey Phat you seem a tad pissed off

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's a sterile no fun atmosphere at Brighton , no Gullys Girls, no half time entertainment of any kind, even a bit of music when a goal is scored might liven it up and I'm not a great fan of ths at all.
Promise the punters everything, get in another manager with literally zero managerial experience and no experience managing in English football at all. get them through the gates at all costs commit daylight robbery with extortionate prices for everything, let the stewards get as heavy handed as they want etc etc it's a ****ing joke.
The atmosphere last week V Wednesday was absolutely shocking, shocking !
So quiet, so sterile utter shit because no one knows what the hell is going on as they are effectively lying to us at every opportunity.
What's the point of a beautiful new stadium and the best training facilities in the land ( that won't start working for the club bringing youth through for at least 5-7 years) when you sell all your best players racking up nearly £18 million in transfer money after 3 seasons and spending in comparison what amounts to squat.
Bringing in shit freebies and loan players who can't make it into a starting eleven in league 1.

In fairness, much of the problem about the Amex (or at least where I sit) is the massive negativity from certain people. Judging by this post, you may be a major part of the problem.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
March was with the team this morning & the person I hear things from ocassionally who is normally fairly reliable, says this story is totally fabricated and utter nonsense.

So its doing the rounds is it and spreading like wildfire. Not the first time wont be the last but after this week its open season.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
For 6m most of our fans would drive him there. March has a lot of promise and looked a really good prospect last year. However, that is an incredible amount of money for 20/30 first team games, many from the bench.

I don't think this is true and doubt anyone would offer that but you pretty much slag off the club if they did get an offer and accept it, which is ridiculous.

Yeah I would slag off the club If they accepted another offer like 99% of other BHA fans because at the moment we are not replacing the players that have gone like for like and yes you will come out with the same old Finchley drivel that we still have 16-days .... not long ago you were spouting we still had 9,8,7,6 weeks but still inactivity. If your saying your 100% happy with the squad at the present time I would say you are lying

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Blimey Phat you seem a tad pissed off

I am mate and getting more so each day that passes.
I don't expect millions upon millions to be spent no one in there right mind does but **** me this is turning into
Circus at the moment.
All our best players being sold, no money being spent, prices on everything being hiked up, attendance the lowest last week V Wednesday for more than two seasons possibly, and some people don't expect anyone to feel pissed off.
I've been supporting this club since I was 6 years like a lot have and just feel a bit cheated at the moment.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
In fairness, much of the problem about the Amex (or at least where I sit) is the massive negativity from certain people. Judging by this post, you may be a major part of the problem.

That's it you keep living in your deluded little world and pretend everything is great that's the job :bigwave:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yeah I would slag off the club If they accepted another offer like 99% of other BHA fans because at the moment we are not replacing the players that have gone like for like and yes you will come out with the same old Finchley drivel that we still have 16-days .... not long ago you were spouting we still had 9,8,7,6 weeks but still inactivity. If your saying your 100% happy with the squad at the present time I would say you are lying

Did I say in that post that I was happy with the squad? Did I say about time left in the transfer window? I agree we are massively short and the club has had a poor transfer window so far and they need to act quickly. Ignoring that, do you not agree that £6 million is a lot of money for March at the moment? He has potential and had good moments last year but it is only potential at the moment.

As I said, I doubt it's true. Really don't think Southampton would bid £6 million for him.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I am mate and getting more so each day that passes.
I don't expect millions upon millions to be spent no one in there right mind does but **** me this is turning into
Circus at the moment.
All our best players being sold, no money being spent, prices on everything being hiked up, attendance the lowest last week V Wednesday for more than two seasons possibly, and some people don't expect anyone to feel pissed off.
I've been supporting this club since I was 6 years like a lot have and just feel a bit cheated at the moment.

Your not alone but like me your probably stick with it .... the problem is all the recent newcomers over the last 3-4 seasons will leave in pretty big numbers at the end of the season unless things change and then the spiral downwards will continue as less money comes into the club through season tickets and merchandise

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That's it you keep living in your deluded little world and pretend everything is great that's the job :bigwave:

Again, where did I say all was great? I didn't. Once we're at the match, it's not the team's fault that we've failed to sign players though. They need our support. You're moaning about the atmosphere. All I did was suggest, judging by your moaning on here, was that you might be part of the problem. This is only based on your comments on here and what some people near me at the Amex are like so I may well be wrong.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Did I say in that post that I was happy with the squad? Did I say about time left in the transfer window? I agree we are massively short and the club has had a poor transfer window so far and they need to act quickly. Ignoring that, do you not agree that £6 million is a lot of money for March at the moment? He has potential and had good moments last year but it is only potential at the moment.

As I said, I doubt it's true. Really don't think Southampton would bid £6 million for him.

Knowing they have lots of money and if they are desperate ( remembering they paid 12M for Long ) it there is any truth I'd hold out for more

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Again, where did I say all was great? I didn't. Once we're at the match, it's not the team's fault that we've failed to sign players though. They need our support. You're moaning about the atmosphere. All I did was suggest, judging by your moaning on here, was that you might be part of the problem. This is only based on your comments on here and what some people near me at the Amex are like so I may well be wrong.

The thing is as you can ask anyone around me in the North I am never ever negative at matches and I have always stated on here that I will get behind ANY player or Manager at this club which I do.
But this is a forum for opinions to be given and listened to, but unfortunately some people on here cannot bear to hear the truth or anything that resembles it.
Credit is due WHEN deserved but at the moment it's a joke at the club, money is being raked in and zip in comparison is being spent, whilst our best players are leaving in their droves.
I wonder if Sami was told this or has has indeed even agreed to any of it.
How do they expect people to react ? When prices are hiked up on everything and they keep saying
" one club one ambition " what's that then ? To together relegated to League 1 because it's certainly not together into the Premier League at the moment.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The thing is as you can ask anyone around me in the North I am never ever negative at matches and I have always stated on here that I will get behind ANY player or Manager at this club which I do.
But this is a forum for opinions to be given and listened to, but unfortunately some people on here cannot bear to hear the truth or anything that resembles it.
Credit is due WHEN deserved but at the moment it's a joke at the club, money is being raked in and zip in comparison is being spent, whilst our best players are leaving in their droves.
I wonder if Sami was told this or has has indeed even agreed to any of it.
How do they expect people to react ? When prices are hiked up on everything and they keep saying
" one club one ambition " what's that then ? To together relegated to League 1 because it's certainly not together into the Premier League at the moment.

If you are positive at matches then I take it back (I'm not saying people shouldn't have opinions on here, just that if you behaved like that at matches, it might not be good for the atmosphere). However, I've seen a lot of negativity at matches from people who sit around me, which definitely doesn't help the atmosphere.

I really am disappointed at the moment with what's happened this transfer window. I stand by what I was saying a month ago about giving the club time and thought they would bring new players in. However, they've not been quick enough to act and it is disappointing (culminating in the Ward issue this week).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here