Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sochi 2014 ****Official Winter Olympics thread****

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Korean Curlers showing only small amounts of jewellery and little obvious make-up have lost to the far better scrubbed up GB team. When will these teams learn that if you turn up looking bland without a team ethic of mascara, eyeliner and decent hairstyles you will get beaten.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Very much this. The BBC coverage is f*king pissing me right off with it's stupid bias.

When that speed skater pushed slipped and ruined the race yesterday, they barely mentioned how she'd ****ed it up for everyone else, it was all about how UNFAIR and HARSH it was on the brave Brit. F*king embarrassing.

Did you see the replays. the italian elbowed her pushing her over which meant she collapsed and her legs slid into them. She never even touched the Korean who then fell over.
I can't believe how anti British some people on here are.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Heavyweight matchup on the ice as we speak, marketed heavily as underdressed, the Russian girls come up against the smooth purring GB team. Team GB have got their preparations spot on as usual,but, will they have the range of understated hair and make up options to cope with a Russian team going with a brace of blonde Slavic sweepers and a very well fancied skip ? This could be tight....oh er mrs

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like the Russian skip made the fatal error of not applying nail varnish or eyeliner and paid the price, team GB win again !

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Heavyweight matchup on the ice as we speak, marketed heavily as underdressed, the Russian girls come up against the smooth purring GB team. Team GB have got their preparations spot on as usual,but, will they have the range of understated hair and make up options to cope with a Russian team going with a brace of blonde Slavic sweepers and a very well fancied skip ? This could be tight....oh er mrs

It was tight, but our gorgeous girls went HAAAAAARRRRRDDDDD & beat the dowdy Russians 9-6.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Russians win on the looks front, don't they?

600full-ekaterina-galkina.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Russians win on the looks front, don't they?

600full-ekaterina-galkina.jpg

It does not matter what you undress like before the event. It's all about what you bring to the ice rather than the computer enhancements in the pre tournament photo shoot.

As I think I intimated earlier, turning up without mascara and eyeliner and understated blusher meant that they had effectively lost as soon as they stepped on to the ice.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a cracking final shot by the men's curling team to beat the Norwegians, and get into the semi finals. Well played Team GB.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I see Elise Christie is skating again today.

Are there any other ways you can be disqualified from a skating race, apart from smashing into the field or not bothering to go over the finishing line?

Tune in to find out. :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see Elise Christie is skating again today.

Are there any other ways you can be disqualified from a skating race, apart from smashing into the field or not bothering to go over the finishing line?

Tune in to find out. :thumbsup:

If she lifted her vest halfway round to reveal a t shirt saying " Putin is a Battyman ", that might do it.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
What a cracking final shot by the men's curling team to beat the Norwegians, and get into the semi finals. Well played Team GB.

I've been completely hooked on the curling - I think something about the pace of play appeals to the Test cricket fan in me - and that was an incredible shot by Murdoch to win the play-off today. Really tough shot, out of the Olympics if he missed it, through if he got it. To put an Albion slant on it, it reminded me of Dean Wilkins's free kick against Ipswich in '91: he had an age to think about it, had to get it absolutely right, and he only went and did it. Magnificent stuff, and well worth a watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26237077

Looking forward to a day in front of the telly tomorrow watching the two GB teams play their semi finals. Only regret is that we get Steve Cram - who seems completely incapable of correctly identifying an opposition country - instead of the broadcasting legend that is Dougie Donnelly. But you can't have everything I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here