Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sochi 2014 ****Official Winter Olympics thread****

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I came home yesterday from a blustery dog walk, made my way to the kitchen, kettle on. I could hear my beloved was watching a film about The Spanish Inquisition, clearly some terrible torture was underway. So you might understand my surprise to see she was watching nothing more painful than Curling.... noisy bar stewards.:)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just watching a little bit of the Ladies Curling. We should walk this match against Japan, the Japanese girls clearly do not understand what this match is all about, 3 out of 4 have boring short hairstyles, none seem to be wearing makeup and jewelry and have clearly not even bothered to paint their nails ! How can they be taken seriously if this is the disdainful way they regard Olympic sport ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Everyone set for a GB Gold Medal this afternoon?

Lizzie Yarnold is leading after the first two rounds of the Women's Sliding Downhill Face First On A Tea Tray by 0.44 seconds, which I am assured is quite a lot in SDFFOATT terms.

Last two runs this afternoon, and she's the heavy favourite to pick up a Gold for Team GB. :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good 3rd run from Lizzie, breaks the track record and should be comfortably in the lead going into the 4th run later (coverage of which starts at 16:30 on BBC1).

:clap: :clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The woman going down now, who is apparently Lizzie's main rival for Gold, is making an utter ARSE of her go and is now over 3/4 of a second behind our girl.

The commentators are in full fate tempting mode by pointing out that YA could basically fall off on her next go and still win as long as she holds on to her tea tray and crosses the line.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Almost want her to crash on her last run looking at how OTT these commentators are.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Janine Flock :love:

MG_8823bea.klein-.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only way she will lose this is by wiping-out

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Almost want her to crash on her last run looking at how OTT these commentators are.
Very much this. The BBC coverage is f*king pissing me right off with it's stupid bias.

When that speed skater pushed slipped and ruined the race yesterday, they barely mentioned how she'd ****ed it up for everyone else, it was all about how UNFAIR and HARSH it was on the brave Brit. F*king embarrassing.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Looks like a gold in the next few minutes. BBC1

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nearly time for Lizzie Yarnold.

Gold could be literally minutes away. :clap: :clap:

Beach Hut