Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, why do Brighton fans hate Crystal Palace?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
We will see, come back at the end of the season and tell me you have stayed up.:nono:

We might go down. Lets be fair, we've spent a hell of a lot less on our team than anyone else in the division and pay less in wages then everyone else as well. As it is though, we're safe from the relegation zone by 2 points with Hull to play at home Tuesday week. Potentially we could find ourselves in a good position and in the 5th round *fingers crossed*.

Jan 30, 2008
We might go down. Lets be fair, we've spent a hell of a lot less on our team than anyone else in the division and pay less in wages then everyone else as well. As it is though, we're safe from the relegation zone by 2 points with Hull to play at home Tuesday week. Potentially we could find ourselves in a good position and in the 5th round *fingers crossed*.
do you think we give a **** :whistle:
regards
DR

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Palace are a club who think Brighton fans are glory hunters. I know, Brighton, been Champions of England in 1910 and a cup final appearance in 1983. They hate the fact we get bigger crowds despite being in a lower division and all you need to know about Palace is that when in our division, they struggled to get 13000 people through the door on a midweek game without giving tickets away for free. Now they are in the top flight the plastic palace support suddenly think they are the best fans in the world because they, like Reading, like to bang a drum

How deluded are you? I can tell you for a fact no Palace fans think of you as 'glory hunters' actually you gain a lot more respect from us for supporting your local team as apposed to being a plastic Chelsea or United fan.

You've never been the 'Champions of England' and you know it. Winning the Southern division in 1910 is the equivalent of winning the League 1 title and beating the Champions of England at that time Villa, in a one off match. You made the FA Cup final in 1984. Big deal, so did we in 1990 and neither of us won it so i don't see your point.

I couldn't give a damn if you get bigger crowds than us in the Championship. We've had a higher attendence than you for donkey years before you moved into the Amex. Success for a club like ours is being in the Premiership, a league you've never yet been in.

And as for our support, which has been fantastic all season, it's far from 'plastic' just incredibly vocal and passionate, which of course you are deeply jeolous of judging by your rant.

You've always been in our shadow. It's time you just accepted it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Success for a club like ours is being in the Premiership, a league you've never yet been in.

And that, my friends, sums up the new breed of plastic football fan who thinks the top division in English football only started in 1992 with SKY TV. Read your quote back to yourself you plastic imbecile.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
And that, my friends, sums up the new breed of plastic football fan who thinks the top division in English football only started in 1992 with SKY TV. Read your quote back to yourself you plastic imbecile.

What is it with you lot and the whole 'plastic' thing. Is it that hard for you to accept we're a Premiership club and you're not, so your only comeback is the pathetic 'plastic' cliche. How many years have you spent in the English first division then? Is it anywhere near 14 seasons?

And for you to call us plastic when the only atmosphere you could generate in the play-off leg at your place was using pathetic inflatable clappers, let alone the fact your stadium is sponsored by a f'kin 'plastic' card.

You may want to read your own quote back first you mug.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What is it with you lot and the whole 'plastic' thing. Is it that hard for you to accept we're a Premiership club and you're not, so your only comeback is the pathetic 'plastic' cliche. How many years have you spent in the English first division then? Is it anywhere near 14 seasons?

And for you to call us plastic when the only atmosphere you could generate in the play-off leg at your place was using pathetic inflatable clappers, let alone the fact your stadium is sponsored by a f'kin 'plastic' card.

Shiver me frickin' timbers!!

Feb 14, 2010
What is it with you lot and the whole 'plastic' thing.

Its easy really just look at thefacts. You see in the Championship palace had to beg people to turn up, give away free tickets, 2 for 1 deals and even in a promotion season you couldnt rely n 14000 to turn up for a midweek game. Now its the top flight you have a few kids who bang a drum, cobble tohgether 24000 who want to watch premier league football and all we ever hear from you is that BHA have never played in Rupert Murdoch's Premier League. Which for me is just the First dvision which in turn took over from the split Football and Southern league. But for Palace to understand this, a club who will lose more than half its support if you get down to the Championship is impossible for you. You wouldnt have had a hope if you had played 140 miles round trip away. Palace are just no as important to its area as the Albion are to Brighton/ the coast and the rest of Sussex. Its just how it is. Dont expect you to understand tho'. Clubs like Newcastle would tho'. Its a regional thing.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25

Its easy really just look at thefacts. You see in the Championship palace had to beg people to turn up, give away free tickets, 2 for 1 deals and even in a promotion season you couldnt rely n 14000 to turn up for a midweek game. Now its the top flight you have a few kids who bang a drum, cobble tohgether 24000 who want to watch premier league football and all we ever hear from you is that BHA have never played in Rupert Murdoch's Premier League. Which for me is just the First dvision which in turn took over from the split Football and Southern league. But for Palace to understand this, a club who will lose more than half its support if you get down to the Championship is impossible for you. You wouldnt have had a hope if you had played 140 miles round trip away. Palace are just no as important to its area as the Albion are to Brighton/ the coast and the rest of Sussex. Its just how it is. Dont expect you to understand tho'. Clubs like Newcastle would tho'. Its a regional thing.

Mmmmm... Not gonna get embroiled in a pointless argument with someone who clearly hasn't a clue what he's on about. You come across as someone who is incredibly bitter and blatantly envious of our superiority over you. It's understandable though.

I'd hate to have been in your shadow as long as you've been in ours.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Dec 3, 2012

Brighton are playing in a higher league than they have been used to and so are getting bigger crowds. Palace are playing in a higher league than they have been used to and are also getting bigger crowds. Brighton also have a new stadium which will at least initially encourage more fans. Bigger crowds for the same reason, why is acceptable for one club but not the other?

Feb 14, 2010

Its one of the big differences between the clubs. Palace have a smaller traditional support than a regional club like a Brighton or Newcastle, or Norwich. As such for alot of their support, its all about Rupert Murdoch's "Premier League" They as such dont understand the valuue of the Southern League / Charity Shield double that made us Champions of England and just dont understand why Brighton would get 34000 for lower leagiue football against Darlington and why we still get bigger gates despite being in a division below. For them its all about the razmataz, the cheerleaders and that is why their fans like to bang drums at games. I think Brighton are just lucky to represent a region / County and so it gives the Albion a natural identity. Palace however have to struggle to try and find one and so that is why its the Premier League or nothing for over half of their support. Its harsh to say but its true, they just wouldnt have mounted the same campaign that we did with Archer and they would never have survived a 140 mile round trip exile why in the lowest league. Palace just dont mean that much to their catchment area, hence over half their support will disappear next season if they get relegated. Palace in the 4th division? Well, they would be playing to one man and his dog.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:cheery: :rant:
Girly rant.

Dec 3, 2012
Its one of the big differences between the clubs. Palace have a smaller traditional support than a regional club like a Brighton or Newcastle, or Norwich. As such for alot of their support, its all about Rupert Murdoch's "Premier League" They as such dont understand the valuue of the Southern League / Charity Shield double that made us Champions of England and just dont understand why Brighton would get 34000 for lower leagiue football against Darlington and why we still get bigger gates despite being in a division below. For them its all about the razmataz, the cheerleaders and that is why their fans like to bang drums at games. I think Brighton are just lucky to represent a region / County and so it gives the Albion a natural identity. Palace however have to struggle to try and find one and so that is why its the Premier League or nothing for over half of their support. Its harsh to say but its true, they just wouldnt have mounted the same campaign that we did with Archer and they would never have survived a 140 mile round trip exile why in the lowest league. Palace just dont mean that much to their catchment area, hence over half their support will disappear next season if they get relegated. Palace in the 4th division? Well, they would be playing to one man and his dog.

Sorry WCP but I just don't see the difference in the reasons for attendance increases/decreases between the 2 clubs. You're arguing that Palace would get lower crowds if they got relegated as if that's unusual! Do you think it wouldn't happen to Brighton? It did happen to Brighton! Fans are the same all over the country, the more success you get the more fans you get. Brighton and Palace have very similar fan bases. As I said before Brighton are playing in a higher league than in recent years in a new stadium and so no surprise the fans increase, same for Palace. Don't pretend the reasons are different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here