Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so who will we sign next

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
We do and if I were in charge I would be putting in a cheeky bid for Arouna Kone at Everton and would even take a chance and give him a 3 year deal. I don't think it will happen but he would be my choice given where we sit at the moment on the cusp of PL
He's on 40k a week. Not going to happen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We do and if I were in charge I would be putting in a cheeky bid for Arouna Kone at Everton and would even take a chance and give him a 3 year deal. I don't think it will happen but he would be my choice given where we sit at the moment on the cusp of PL

I think that is a little bit wishful thinking. What about Kodja at Bristol City and Vetokele at Charlton would they break the bank?

theboybilly

I think that is a little bit wishful thinking. What about Kodja at Bristol City and Vetokele at Charlton would they break the bank?

I was talking to the Head of Player Recruitment for Wednesday after the match at Hillsborough and he said they tried very hard to get Kodija when he first appeared on the scene. I would imagine they would be straight back in if he became available.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

We went to watch Kodija when he was still in France but he had a very poor game that night. I have no clue who the striker is that we are after but whoever it is, I think we will get him. I have no basis for saying that except that the recruitment team have been very diligent so far. The only one I think we really chased and lost out on has been the lad at Blackburn in the summer transfer window.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Last year when Igor Vetokele played against us for Charlton I was very impressed likewise with Reza Ghoochannejhad. I doubt that Charlton would let either go given their present plight but . . .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Last year when Igor Vetokele played against us for Charlton I was very impressed likewise with Reza Ghoochannejhad. I doubt that Charlton would let either go given their present plight but . . .

Would Charlton have a choice if the player wanted to leave? I doubt it. Player power works with player purchases as well as sales...

Oh, and we only need a striker now, but how long has that been the case?

jon.rutter

Oct 7, 2014
Why would we want to sign him? Is that a trick question? Our ENTIRE style of attacking play relies on fast aggressive wingers running at sides and getting in the box. We currently have two of those fit and thats not enough for me.

Between them KLL, March and RVLP have been our spark this season, and our three defeats on the bounce came when all three we're missing and we were playing Crofts there. We need backup for Knockaert and KLL, and RVLP fits the bill perfectly.
Its not a trick question. He's just not very good. Our ENTIRE plan for promotion will surely involve better players than him. Mainly ones who are prepared to work hard for the team.
As well as everything else mentioned he seemed to have an inability to cross the ball.
He's not for me.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its not a trick question. He's just not very good. Our ENTIRE plan for promotion will surely involve better players than him. Mainly ones who are prepared to work hard for the team.
As well as everything else mentioned he seemed to have an inability to cross the ball.
He's not for me.

Fair enough. Sorry for being over-aggressive in my first reply, had a few beers!

I didn't think he was not hard-working, may not have been the most effective at tracking back but I thought he played particularly well the times I saw him. His cross for Hemed's winner against Charlton was sublime

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Shirly Knockhaert is the RVLP replacement/upgrade?

Just a striker and on top of Zamora, Hemed, Baldock and a bunch of youth that's quite good to have 4 quality (but not amazing it's true) strikers at this level. The lad from Manure is probably it unless he can return in which case we need another

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here